People spend a considerable amount of their time in the workplace. Because of this, it is normal for you to start considering your boss and your office mates as your extended family. When your boss or co-workers’ birthday comes, here are steps that you can follow to help you choose the best birthday gift.
- Costs. First of all, make sure that you create a budget for the birthday gift that you are buying. Especially when buying a gift for your boss, make sure that the item is not too extravagant. The last thing you want is to look like you are trying to impress your boss. Remember, the gift is meant to show that you remembered and that you care and appreciate them. Commemorative gifts and small items, therefore, are usually enough. A gift that costs $ 15 is usually just right.
- Gift cards. One of the best gift items that you can give for your friends at work is a gift card. One of the best things about gift cards is that it allows the recipient to choose exactly what items he needs. Instead of getting your gift returned at the shop, presenting a gift coupon ensures that the recipient will be getting something that will surely be used and treasured. Luckily, almost every shop today offers gift coupons. Usually, these also have discounts attached to them.
- Choosing shops. One of the worst things that you can do when buying gifts is to purchase the item from cheap shops and home depots. Remember, the key is to look for inexpensive items in good shops that offer high quality goods. it is better to purchase a small gift that will last a long time than an enormous gift that will break down in a couple of weeks. Also, discount shops simply reek of bad taste.
- Classic gifts. There are some gift items that never die when birthdays come. Pastries, for instance, are always a hit with people. Pastries are not only inexpensive, but they also show that you have poured effort into the gift. After all, you took the time and effort to prepare the ingredient and bake them. Cookies are a great pastry item to bake, since these will usually last a long time, and because almost everyone wants a cookie. When giving baked goods, make sure that you purchase tins where you can store the baked goods. Sometimes, you can also buy a brand new cookie jar where you can put the cookies. This lets you give two gifts all at one – the baked goods and the cookie jar.
- Finishing touches. The details count when giving gifts. Instead of simply giving away a tin can of cookies, take some cellophane or some gift wrapping paper and artfully cover your gift. This will not only make your gift look all the more fabulous, but also shows that you take the time to look at the details of the gift. Best of all, most department stores offer gift-wrapping services, which means that you don’t actually have to do the work yourself.
With these steps, you should be able to find the perfect gift for both your co-workers and your boss.