Becoming a fashion model is every girl’s dream. It is not easy to be a fashion model. However, potential, talent, and determination will surely win you a career in fashion modeling.
Here are some tips on how to jumpstart your career in fashion modeling:
- Choose your genre well. There are different types of fashion models. Typical models usually have to be at least five feet and seven inches tall. They are usually thinner and are most widely used in fashion runways. Plus sized models are those who weigh more than average. They are more often used in plus sized lines of clothes. You have to fit in the category you choose to work productively.
- Go-sees are a very important part of modeling. In a go-see is in some ways comparable to an audition. If you want to be a model, you will have to go to these go-sees to book jobs and clients. The most important part of a go-see is the impression you make on the client. You will be asked to put on their clothes. The client will want to see your walk. Remember that although you are going to be wearing their clothes, your appearance during a go-see is very important. Another thing you will be asked for is a book of photographs from your previous jobs. They will want to see the looks you have to offer during a photo shoot.
- Modeling agencies will be happy to help you. If you believe that fashion modeling is the career for you, the wisest thing to do is to go to various modeling agencies. The perk of having a contract with a modeling agency is that you will not have trouble finding a job. They will be the one to get clients for you. All you have to do is deliver. They will offer you everything from walking fashion runways to glamour modeling. If your look is right and they like your personality, modeling agencies will help you get the career you want. However, you have to be careful in selecting modeling agencies. It is best to do a background check before going to any kind of office, especially lesser know modeling agencies. There are many modeling scams out there, so you have to be careful.
- Keep a positive attitude. Modeling is hard work. Rejection is an inevitable part of the business. You have to know how to handle rejection, as well as scrutiny. Don’t give up, just keep trying. If you are worthy, you will find that persistence will win over the clients.
- Work on everything. You have to be very versatile to get many jobs. First of all, you have to know how to pose for both commercials and editorials. While commercial models are more for the masses, editorial models are more high fashion and glamorous. To survive in the business, you need to work on both commercial and editorial poses because the more exposure you get, the more successful you will be. Secondly, runway walks should always be practiced. Although walking might seem simple to some, in real situations, there are specific walks the designer will want to see.
Modeling is a hard but rewarding career. If you want to be a fashion model, follow these simple tips and you’ll be walking fashion runways in the very near future.