A career at Direct TV is not limited to installing satellite dishes, satellite cables and dish networks around the United States. There are people involved in completing repairs and in-home satellite installation. It is important to know everything about your job, the tasks involved, and what training is needed for you to qualify. Let's look at some Direct TV employment options.
If you would like to directly work for Direct TV, as an authorized system installer, you need to do the following:
- Browse Direct TV's official website for the company’s job listings.
- Complete the online form and search for the in-house jobs.
- You can apply immediately online or apply for the job later.
Direct TV provides the needed on-the-job training for different positions. A competitive compensation with a possible increase based on your performance is offered.
If you intend to apply for installer jobs, not directly with Direct TV, you may check out newspaper ads and online job listings under Installing Direct TV jobs. The companies listed, need service technicians to do the job. Online job searches are faster and more comprehensive, some even offer email alerts.
As a TV service technician, your job involves setting up satellite TV services. You install satellite TV systems and equipment as ordered, which may include satellite dishes, satellite cables, a dish network, and mobile and music equipments. You maintain records and verify that the satellite installation system’s performance is excellent.
Your primary duties and responsibilities of a Direct TV installation technician include:
- The preparation of satellite installations, which includes the review of installation orders like installing a free Direct TV satellite dish; gathering of equipment, tools and supplies; and coordinating customer’s schedules.
- Planning for installations, evaluating the location, locating the access, and laying-out equipments and wiring plans.
- Installing equipment, pulling and running TV satellite cables, calibrating and programming equipment, and adhering to all regulations, codes, and standards.
- Verifying that the satellite TV system functions well. All connections and equipments are tested and identified problems are corrected.
- Documenting all services, installations and repairs done.
- Improving the services delivered by attentively listening to customer's concerns; diagnosing and troubleshooting and immediately repairing problems; upgrading and replacing components; and referring to the manufacturer instructions, schematics, and manuals.
- Maintaining customer rapport by answering questions and resolving concerns.
- Following all safety practices and adhering to the safety policy.
- Maintaining regular stock inventory, placement of orders and verifying received orders.
- Participating in opportunities to update and upgrade your job knowledge; and reading technical publications.
- Accepting ownership for accomplishments and completed requests; and exploring new opportunities to add value to enhance the organization’s reputation.
- Complying with all company policies and procedures.
Other requirements include:
- Eligibility to work in the United States
- An age requirement of at least 21 years old
- Completed high school education with a diploma or G.E.D.
- At least 1 year experience in CATV, electronics, telecommunications or any related field
- At least 2 years experience in customer service
- Good verbal and written skills
- A valid driver's license
- Capability to lift 65 lbs.
- Negative results from a pre-employment drug test
- For some, ownership of a late model truck or SUV
Before applying for installer jobs or answering job ads make sure all your requirements are complete and readily available.