Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) is an approach to psychotherapy where the relationship of mind (neuro) and language (linguistic) are analyzed to help determine its effect on mental and emotional behavior. It provides tools and skills for self-development and excellence. It can also be a tool for self-discovery, which would then enable you to develop yourself into the person you want to be.
NLP is often called the Science of Persuasion. This approach was discovered by Richard Bandler and John Grinder. They claim that this technique can be instrumental in giving people better lives as this would aid people to achieve their goals in life and cure problems that hinder them to achieve their goals. Most common problems cured by this are phobia, depression, habit disorder, psychosomatic illnesses and learning disorders. This technique, posts the question ‘how’ rather than ‘why’ to help with the faster achievement of goals. NLP strives to correct the problems in the manner you behave that may be possible obstacles to your success. This is the same reason why NLP has become very useful in the corporate world, specifically for management training, and life coaching as it aids in achieving the company’s targets as well when their employees are able to achieve theirs.
To get an NLP Certification you must:
- Enroll to an NLP certification course. You can enroll to an online training course. Just make sure that the training program you choose is following the standards of the American Board of Neuro Linguistic Programming. Try this website: nlpcoaching.com.
- Choose a specific level of certification that you want. You can choose from the following levels:
- NLP Practitioner Certification: In this program, you will be expected to gain basic knowledge of neuro-linguistic programming and how to apply these basic skills. Application pertaining to areas on problem solving and personal improvement.
- Master Practitioner Certification: in this level, you are expected to have an advanced understanding of neuro-linguistic programming. At the end of the course, you will be expected to create and develop your own NLP techniques and models. And you will be able to conduct advanced change processes with individuals and groups, deliver NLP presentations.
Note that you cannot be a Master Practitioner unless you have completed the NLP Practitioner Certification program.
- Get trained. The training program usually takes about 3 days to a week. Training programs are usually costly too. Make sure that you have prepared the budget for this.
NLP is for anyone and is applicable to any industry. It is a powerful
behavioral influence/methodology as it enables a person to use his mind
to achieve tangible results. Thus, making it successful in the following
areas: business, public speaking success, communication skills, sales,
sports performance, corporate transformation, accelerated learning,
memory improvement, personal development, teaching&education,
relationships, directing and controlling your thoughts&emotions,
courtroom effectiveness, emergency rooms. This technique works to create
long lasting change for the betterment of lives. At the same time, it
can also benefit people around you as you have the advantage of guiding
them since you already have the skill to understand how a mind works.