The SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) is a group of non-profit organizations that deal with the protection of animals. They take in abandoned and maltreated animals and look for people who are willing to take care of them and adopt them. If you are an animal advocate, there are several things that you can do to help your local SPCA.
Read the tips below to find out how you can lend a helping hand to your local SPCA:
- Check shelter of the week. Go to the official website of the SPCA International at spcai.org. They have a shelter of the week listing there where you can look for animal advocate organizations near your area. You can contact them and ask for some information on how you can help. Some of the shelters included on the list are the Beagles of Arizona Rescue Club, Friends of Animals Utah, Christian Veterinary Mission and many more.
- Make donations. If you do not dedicate some time to help out with the SPCA, you can make some donations that will help animal shelters around the world. You can make donations online at the webpage spcai.org. You can choose to make a one-time donation or you can have your credit card charged monthly. Read the information on the website to learn more about donations and where your money will go.
- Volunteer program. SPCA has different volunteer programs that will allow you to help out locally. They work with different rescue groups. Go online and research on some of the animal shelters in your area. These shelters need all the help they can get in order to rescue and take care of different kinds of animals. Contact a shelter near your place and ask them how you can volunteer and help. Online participation is also helpful so that you can help other people be aware of animals who are in need of homes.
- Adopt a pet. Instead of buying a pet from the pet store, contact SPCA to adopt a pet. They have plenty of pets who need new homes and you can do your part by providing a loving home for these animals. You have plenty of choices. They have birds, fish, cats, dogs and reptiles. Go to the website spcai.org to get more information on the adoption procedure.
- Fundraising kits. Make use of the fundraising kits provided by SPCA. You can hold fundraising activities in your local community to help raise money to help animal shelters and rescue centers in your area. The fundraising kit includes fundraising ideas, tips for a successful fundraising event, donation forms and a pledge form. You can view the fundraising kit at spcai.org.
These are the tips that you can use so that you can help your local SPCA. Even the smallest donations count. Gather some of your friends and family members who are also animal advocates so that you can help each other during fundraising events and so that you can get more volunteers to help out with SPCA.