A shadow box is a box containing memorabilia for retired military personnel. It is a good way to preserve memories during their time in the army. The shadow box got its name because there is minimal light that can enter the box. This is to preserve the contents of the box and prevent light from damaging them. Learn how to make a shadow box for the army by following the simple steps that are provided below.
Here are the steps that you can follow if you want to make a shadow box for the army:
- Prepare a box. The first thing that you have to do is to prepare a box. There is no standard size for a shadow box. They come in many different sizes. Choose one that is appropriate for the items that you are going to put inside. You can purchase shadow boxes online or make one yourself but it might take some time.
- Collect memorabilia. Now that you have a box, collect memorabilia that you are going to include in the shadow box. Some of the things that you can include in the box are ribbons, medals, a flag, articles, badges and even pictures. Organize everything so that all the items that are the same are together.
- Arrange the memorabilia. Open the box and arrange all the memorabilia that you want to include inside. For the medals and ribbons, it is best to put all the high ranking awards on top of the others. Arrange it in a creative way so that you are not just putting everything inside the box. Do it like a collage but make sure that everything is organized. Some shadow boxes have compartments for the flag and the uniform of the army officer. Fold these neatly and put in the proper location.
- Secure everything. Make sure that everything is in place and secure before you mount the shadow box. You wouldn’t want to damage or lose anything inside. You can use pins, adhesive or rope to make sure that everything stays in place. Before closing the glass over the shadow box, you can try to mount it first to see if you need to make any adjustments on the positions of the items inside.
- Mount the shadow box. Mount the shadow box in an area where guests and visitors can see it. You can mount it on the living room wall, your home library or if you want to keep it private, just display it in your bedroom. This is a good way to preserve all the army memories and protect it from getting damaged.
These are the steps that you have to follow if you want to make a shadow
box for the army. The steps are really easy to follow. To get more
ideas on how you can arrange shadow boxes, you can check out shadow box
pictures on the Internet. This should give you a pretty good idea on how
you can improve the look of the shadow box.