Do you need to earn extra income these days? Don't worry, there is something that you can do that will pay you well in the end. This is through delivering phone books for your local telephone company. As a part-time job, you can earn just enough money to answer whatever your financial needs is for today. Here, check out this guide to help you in entering this kind of part time career:
- Know the schedules of delivery. Be knowledgeable in terms of the need of telephone companies for manpower when delivering phone books. Phone book delivery does not happen every day. Hence, to get a job in phone book delivery, you have to keep an eye on your telephone company. Know exactly when they will be giving away phone books to their customers. To help you with this, watch out for classified ads in newspapers. Phone companies usually advertise their need for people when it is time to deliver phone books. Or, you can personally call the office of the company to ask information about this matter.
- Attend any kind of orientation being given by the company of your choice. You have to attend the orientation so that you will know how much they will pay you for the job. Plus, this is where you will be explained with your responsibilities in doing the job. More often than not, attendance in orientations is one important requirement of the companies before they can hand you the job.
- Have a good vehicle for the job. Phone books take up too much space during the pickup day. Hence, it is a great idea to get a large vehicle for your delivery purposes.
- Sign up in an area that you are most familiar with. Think of your safety first than making money when signing up for this job. It will be ideal if you sign up to deliver in an area that you are already familiar with. However, if you are up for a little adventure, there is nothing wrong with signing up in other areas. However, make sure you research the area first prior to delivery day.
- Perform your delivery duties correctly. When delivering the phone books, do it the same way it was described during the orientation. If there are certain protocols, make sure you follow them closely. This is very important because most companies have a way of checking how you are performing. If you mess up, it will be harder for you to get another delivery job from the same company again.
- Develop certain techniques in your task. Think of a mailman and try to follow what he is doing when delivering mails to a street. He always delivers on a side of one street first and then on the next side. Follow this same principle so your task will become a little easier for you. Plus, you will save a lot of your energy and time if you follow simple rules like this.
Take note that this delivery job is not for everyone. For instance, if
you don't have your own vehicle, you can end up spending too much on car
rental than what you will be earning. Hence, this is something that is
not a practical idea for everyone. So before you sign up for this kind
of job, make sure you will earn the money that you really need so you
will not waste anything in the end.