A career in health has been greatly in demand since time immemorial. Doctors and nurses, for instance, have been going in and out abroad for many years. Today, there are already short-courses offered to study nursing, midwifery, and other healthcare practices.
Here’s how to explore some of these health careers before you enroll:
- Make a list of health care jobs you like. There are some of them included in this article.
- Search their websites. There are some bloggers who talk about their daily life as health care professionals.
- Try working part time in the health care industry or in the career that you are interested in. Working in a doctor’s office or clinic will be very helpful, as you get a taste of such careers and see if it is the right career track for you.
- Volunteer at hospitals, nursing homes, and other charitable health organizations or ask how other volunteers handled their jobs.
- Now that you have chosen a career, choose a school. Start searching for a school whose expertise is your chosen career. Some schools are known for nursing or dentistry more than the top schools are.
- Visit or call the school.
- Do some research for accreditation of the school you are about to enroll yourself into. It is generally 600 hours of training in an accredited school.
- Get yourself enrolled.
Beautycareers.com offers you another choice in the aesthetics department. Cosmetology courses can go for a 9 month term of professional haircutting, hairstyling, and makeup artistry. Aestheticians have been in demand in spas, in medical fields, and in salons. Become a nail technician in 10 weeks as you learn proper nail care and maybe even nail art. You can become a make-up artist for the fashion industry, and photographers will hire you as well. The entertainment business is a great place for make-up artists who are looking for jobs. You can also become a personal stylist or become a beauty supplier for beauty products you can sell to salons or to your other clients. Aestheticians are licensed specialists in skin care. Medical aestheticians work with patients whose skin has been affected by trauma or a medical procedure such as a surgery.
The health site brighthealth.com has health physicians who believe that health is not the absence of disease but that it is a state of well-being.
Radiology careers are involved in doing CT scans, x-rays, and its practitioners are considered as image experts. Radiologists are physicians as well. A radiologist, through extensive clinical work and research, can specialize in a certain field.
Graduate careers are for you if you are highly ambitious and committed to rapidly progressing in your career. A pharmacy manager, a senior physiotherapist, a graduate portfolio modeling analyst, a health care consultant, an associate analyst, a graduate analyst, and an occupational therapist are just some of these. You can complete some graduate classes online, while others will require traditional classes; a number of online colleges, including a number of online nursing schools, offer these blended degree programs to busy students. Psychology careers are concerned with the science that relates with the behavior both human and non-human animals.
Whatever you desire, the health care business is always booming and is always ready to accept other health care practitioners who are licensed and ready to serve the sick.