The Windows SharePoint Services help developers manage documents, publish content, develop web pages and facilitate collaborations that are web based. Due to its collaborative functions, shared documents that are accessed through a library can be edited on the web. SharePoint services provide tools for developers such as navigation tools, shared calendars, interface, workspaces, forum, and shared contact lists.
SharePoint’s functionality enables uploading content and collaborative editing to other developers that are given access permissions. SharePoint can only be installed on Windows operating systems and is usually available for download from Microsoft. To understand the functions and capabilities of SharePoint Services you can visit these sites for SharePoint Services Tutorials.
- Microsoft Office Online - The Microsoft Office Online website offer tutorials on SharePoint services to interested developers. The lessons are easily accessible and explained thoroughly so even anyone without prior knowledge could understand. Some of the tutorials are presented in video form so you can sit back, watch and follow along. Most of the tutorials are contributions from other developers and you can leave comments or ask for further clarification on the topic.
Downloads are available to put SharePoint training files on your desktop. They will include interactive tutorials, videos and automated SharePoint workflow to monitor dashboards and approval cycles.
- Computing Services University of Arkansas - This tutorial for SharePoint Services from the University of Arkansas is a well put together tutorial that answers common questions about SharePoint Services. The simple layout on the webpage makes it easy to follow. There are images of the interface and dashboard that helps as visual reference so you know exactly where to go and what to configure.
- Trainingspot - This website has an abundant library of videos on SharePoint Services that you can watch online or download for a fee. Video tutorials will provide an overview of SharePoint development and the various functions of how to keep projects and teams on schedule.
- Microsoft SharePoint Blogs - This is a blog website that web developers or just anyone that uses SharePoint Services would like to share their knowledge on the subject. Usually you will get redirected to their blog site and you can read articles and watch videos on how to use SharePoint Services for your company or projects with your team.
- sharepointhosting.com - Most of your queries on SharePoint Services, if not all, can be answered on this site. Using a hand holding method with video tutorials you will get to see how each function is applied.
Most applications can be intimidating when you encounter them for the first time. It helps to understand them better if you can find tutorials that could show you how to use the applications. You’ll find websites online that have tutorials on their website which are mostly contributed by other developers.