Downloading Microsoft Word is fast and simple. The latest version of Microsoft Word is Microsoft Word 2007; this program is bundled into the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite. Microsoft Word is no longer available as a separate download. To get Microsoft Word, you need to download Word as part of the Microsoft Office Suite. The most reliable source for Microsoft Word is the Microsoft website, microsoft.com. To download Microsoft Office, visit microsoft.com and click on the Download Center.
Ten easy steps to find and download Microsoft Word:
- Visit Microsoft.com
- Click on the Microsoft Download Center microsoft.com/downloads
- The link to Microsoft Office is usually a large picture on the main screen. Do not be confused by similar-sounding products offered by Microsoft. On the same page, you will likely see offers to download Word Viewer, or Microsoft Office Add-Ins, or Microsoft Office Compatibility Packs. Click on Microsoft Office 2007.
- On the next screen, you will have to choose which bundle of software you wish to download. Microsoft Word is included in each of the Office packages. There is no cost to download Microsoft Word. You can evaluate Microsoft Word for 60 days or for a total of 25 launches during the 60 day trial, whichever comes first.
- Click on the Try Now button. If you want to skip the trial period, Microsoft gives you the option to purchase Microsoft Word at the same time that you download the software.
- Register your copy of Microsoft Office. Enter your name and email address.
- On the next screen, Microsoft will give you a Microsoft Office Product Key. Save this information. Print out the page, write it down or copy and paste the key into a blank notepad file. Save the notepad file onto your desktop for easy access later. Microsoft will also send this Microsoft Office Product Key to the email address you provided. You will need the Microsoft Office Product Key to unlock the software.
- Click the Download Now button.
- Choose Save This File to begin saving Microsoft Word and the other products. Save the file to your desktop or some other place where you can find it easily.
- After the file has downloaded to your computer, open Microsoft Office 2007 and begin using Microsoft Word.
That's it! Follow these steps to install Microsoft Word, and you will soon complete your quick and easy download of Microsoft Word.