Let's face it, in the high-paced, high-tech world we live in today, there are software offerings from many providers that are robust enough for business applications and as simple as needed for home/individual use. Many individuals are unaware that there are plenty of sites that offer free photo editing software. Most of these applications are easy to download and free of any viruses and malware. However, you should be conscious that some do include viruses that may harm your computer - you should always make sure you are armed with good virus protection before downloading.
Some do not understand why someone would give a great product away for free, especially free photo editing software. Though the photo editing software is free, the provider receives plenty of revenue from selling other software and for running ad space for other companies. Also, most companies know that if you are happy with their free photo editing software and you trust the name, you might decide to purchase another, more robust piece of software. Some of the better-known versions of free photo editing software are:
Photoscape - http://www.photoscape.org/ps/main/index.php
Kodak - http://www.kodak.com
Picasa - http://picasa.google.com/
Picnik - http://www.picnik.com/
It is very simple to get free photo editing software; it is usually obtained with a few simple clicks of the mouse button. To get free photo editing software, simply:
- Pull up a search engine of your choice and type in the following: free photo editing software.
- Look at the various page results until you find one that looks reputable and safe.
- When you have found one that looks safe, easy to get, and 100% free, find the 'download' button.
- Click on the button to download the software. It is very important at this stage that you have strong virus detection software so if the download contains a virus, your machine will not be infected. If you get a warning telling you that the file contains a virus, it is best that you do not go through with it and move on to another offering of free photo editing software.
- Before you download, there will be a user agreement - you need to read this closely and in its entirety - make sure you are not signing for any obligations.
When the download is complete, you are ready to edit photos with your new free photo editing software. You can rest assured that you were smart and got something for free and you did not go out and spend hundreds. Free photo editing software is just as good as ones that are paid for. You don't have to go out and purchase something with a slough of features you may never use.