An external hard drive is a kind of storage space that you can use for additional memory. This can easily be connected to certain devices such as personal computers, laptops and even video game consoles such as PlayStation. If you are the type of person who loves to play games on your PS3, then getting your very own external hard drive is perfect for you! From an extra 20 GB to 500 GB worth of storage, it is all in your arm’s reach. Read on to learn more on how to buy a PS3 external hard drive.
- Determine your needed storage amount. Before you purchase an external hard drive for your PlayStation 3, it is very important that you first consider the amount of additional space that you need. In order to efficiently determine it, you should ask yourself the reason why you are buying one.
- The kind of hard drive. You have to be aware that there are several types of hard drives available today. There is IDE (the one that is being used in CPUs or tower) and SATA (the one for laptop). Make sure that you understand the difference and the compatibility modes for each kind.
- Is it compatible for your PlayStation 3? Always check the product specifics of your PS3 and the system requirements of the concerned external hard drive. Make sure that both are at par with each other. This is the only way that you can do to ensure that both devices can fully work together, without any restrictions whatsoever.
- Scout for the best value with high quality. Take your time in browsing various hard drives of your choice. Look online, check out eBay and other shopping websites. Go to the mall and see if there are hard drives that are currently on sale. Go straight to the computer shops and you can easily see what you are looking for.
- Check reviews. Before purchasing anything, it is very important that you read the ratings of consumers, experts and professionals. This way, you will know if what you are about to get has really good quality.
- Buy it! After you have carefully read, scrutinized, checked and double checked everything about the product that you are planning to buy, you can now purchase it with all your heart. Enjoy the benefits of having an extra memory space for your gaming needs!
These are the things that you need to do when buying an external hard drive for you PlayStation 3. Not only will this give you additional storage space, but it is also a great way to back up your games and files on your PS3 hard disk. Make sure that you do this in a regular manner to avoid corruption and all. One thing that you need to remember: make sure that you do not acquire hard drives that are in NTFS format. They are not compatible with PS3. Now what are you waiting for? Start following these steps and you can never go wrong. Good luck and have fun!