Sony is a multinational Japanese company that produces electronics, video, consoles, communications and information technology products. It is one of the world's leading manufacturers today. Most Sony products have been tested and well trusted by consumers. This includes the ever so popular Sony Vaio laptops. If your laptop has been acting slower than usual, too much use of memory may be the culprit. You might need to upgrade your drive to give you more space for your documents and files. Here are some simple and helpful tips on how to buy the right memory for your Sony Vaio laptop.
- Check the internal memory of your laptop. You can easily do this by going to the start menu at the bottom left corner of your screen and then click on Computer. You will see the drives available on your computer, right click on the C drive and left click on properties. A window will appear. It will show the capacity of your hard drive, how much space has been used and how much is free. If you see that you have little space available, then you really need to buy a higher memory. If this is not the case, it is highly recommended to have your laptop checked by a professional to determine why the speed has significantly decreased.
- Get the model name and model number of your Sony Vaio laptop. Usually, this can be seen on the main frame of your computer. If not, you can try turning your laptop. At the base, look for a sticker with a set of numbers on it. That would be the correct model number.
- Visit Sony online. On their website, you will see the Customer Service section. Just click on that and you will be asked to type in the model number. The purpose of this step is to know how much expandable memory you can append to your machine. As soon as you have input the necessary information, you will see the official, full specification of your laptop. Under memory, make sure you check the "expandable to" field.
- Now that you have determined how much memory you can add to your computer, the next step would be is to type in memory on the search field on Sony's website. You will see a bunch of results. Choose the one that says "4all Memory." These are specialists that can greatly help you find the right kind of memory to your laptop. You can chat with them, send them an email or call the support number for instant results.
- As soon as you have identified the type of memory that you need to buy, go to the nearest Sony store or computer shop that offers Sony products. Just specify the memory that you want to purchase.
It is very easy to buy the right memory for your Sony Vaio laptop. Just be patient and make sure you are thorough with your research so you will not get the wrong kind. Good luck!