Microsoft Passport or Windows Live ID allows you to access a couple of Microsoft sites by entering just one user name and password. The websites that you can access with your Windows Live ID are MSN, Hotmail, Office Live, Xbox LIVE, MSNBC, .NET Messenger, Zune and Hoyts. Read on to learn how to change your Microsoft Passport details.
- Open your web browser and log in to Windows Live. Log in using your Windows Live user name and password. Once logged in, you will be directed to your account summary page.
- Change your Windows Live ‘Registered Information’. Under your name, user name, registration date, country and birth date, click on ‘Registered Information’. This is where you can change the name, gender, occupation, home location and work location associated to your Windows Live user name. Enter in accurate information, and once you are done, click ‘Save’ at the bottom of the screen.
- Change the passwords to your Windows Live accounts. You can change your passwords directly on the account summary page under the section ‘Password Reset Information’, or you can click on ‘Password and PINs’ from the menu on the left hand side of the page. Click on ‘Change’ to change your password, your security question, your alternate email address or your mobile number and PIN. For passwords, Windows Live will require a minimum of six characters, and it will be case sensitive. Put a check on the check box if you want the password to expire every 72 days. Remember to click on ‘Save’ every time you make changes.
- Link or unlink all of your existing Windows Live ID accounts. If you have multiple Windows Live accounts, you can sign in on one but still have access to the information on your other accounts as long as you link them all together. Click on ‘Linked IDs’ from the menu on the left hand side of the page to see a list of your existing Linked IDs. To link another ID, click on ‘Link an existing Windows Live ID’ at the bottom of the page. If you want to remove an ID, click on ‘Unlink’ opposite the ID you want removed.
- Change your Windows Live profile details. Click on ‘Profile Details’ from the menu on the left. Here you can add a profile picture, share a personal message, share information about yourself like your nickname and your age, share your contact information, share your favorite things and add your school so your classmates can easily find you. Click ‘Edit’ on each category that you want to change, and hit ‘Save’ once you’re done.
Even with so many accounts and passwords, managing them is easy with Microsoft Passport or Windows Live ID. Just follow the steps outlined above and you will be able to update all of your account information.