Almost anyone and everyone is using Facebook, and if you want your old friends and distant relatives to recognize you, you need to add a profile picture. Read on to learn how to change your profile picture on Facebook.
- Log in and access your Facebook account. If you don’t have an account with Facebook yet, register first, then log in using your email address and password. Access your profile Wall using one of these three methods: (1) click on your name from the upper left toolbar; (2) click on ‘View My Profile’ underneath your name; or (3) click ‘Profile’ from the upper right toolbar. You will then be directed to your Facebook profile wall.
- Take a profile picture using a webcam. Facebook has a unique feature that lets you take a picture on the spot using a web camera. If this is your first time adding a profile picture, click on ‘Take a Photo’ below the photo box. If you are just changing an existing profile picture, let your mouse hover on the photo box on the left until the ‘Change Picture’ button appears. Click on that and choose ‘Take a Picture’ from the dropdown. After Facebook detects your webcam, just pose and hit ‘Save Picture’.
- Upload a profile picture saved on your computer. Another way of adding a profile picture is by using a photo saved on your computer. Click on ‘Upload a Picture’ and then click on the ‘Choose File’ button on the window that appears. Locate where the picture is saved then hit ‘Open’. Wait for a few seconds for Facebook to upload your picture. Click ‘Publish’ if you want your friends notified of the profile picture upload, or you can always ‘Skip’. Don’t worry because it will still be uploaded even if you skip the ‘Publish’ process.
- Use a picture from one of your photo albums as your profile picture. You can make pictures from albums you’ve uploaded, pictures you were tagged in as your profile picture. Just browse for the picture you want to use, then click on ‘Make Profile Picture’ on the lower left hand side of the photo. A box will appear on the photo and you can crop the photo according to how you like it. Just click and drag the box wherever you want, to whatever size you prefer. Click ‘Done Cropping’ on top of the picture once satisfied.
- Adjust the thumbnail of your profile picture. Your profile picture will have a smaller version which will be primarily seen around the site. To edit the thumbnail and to make sure it’s centered, click on ‘Change Picture’ again and choose ‘Edit Thumbnail’. A dialog box will appear where you can drag the thumbnail version of your profile picture. Click ‘Save’ once you’re done adjusting the thumbnail.
After following the steps outlined above, you have already added a picture to go along with the name so you can easily be identified by your Facebook network.