Choosing an inkjet printer for your home has gotten more complicated with the numerous options presented. Factors such as initial budget, cost of consumables, and ease of use are just some of the factors that you have to look into to make sure you get your money's worth. Read on to find out which features to look for in an inkjet printer dedicated for home use.
- Set your budget first and foremost. Budget is the first thing that should be settled when thinking of buying major electronic devices such as an inkjet printer. Is your budget only enough to only accommodate a low end inkjet printer? Or are you willing to shelve out a handful more dollars so you get a feature-packed inkjet printer for your home?
- Take note of the technical requirements for setting up an inkjet printer. Of course, you will need to make sure the inkjet printer you buy will be compatible to the rest of your computer system. To be certain of this, check out websites that list each and every inkjet printer's technical requirement.
- Anticipate how the inkjet printer will be utilized. Home users typically require an array of printing jobs. These can range from the usual printing of documents to making prints of photographs. If you will only be performing routine printing tasks, then a black-and-white inkjet printer should be enough. If however you will be utilizing it to make hard copies of your photograph collection, then a color inkjet printer may be the better choice.
- Consider the cost of consumables for the inkjet printer. Sure, inkjet printers are priced rather moderately. However, the consumables such as paper and ink cartridges may not be. So when looking to buy an inkjet printer for your home, it is also worthwhile to check prices of such consumables. The best way to do this would be to access online resources that let you compare prices of specific brands of paper and ink products.
- Consider the size of the inkjet printer. Inkjet printers need not be bulky. In fact, if you are an avid digital photographer, you might just find a portable inkjet printer to be useful. Aside from the fact that it can fit into a notebook bag, it can also print directly from a cellphone. This way, snapshots taken using your camera phone can be printed any time.
You might also want to check out all-in-one printers. These devices combine an inkjet printer, a fax machine, and a scanner. An all-in-one printer can be very convenient for home use especially if you do not have a stand alone fax machine and scanner yet.