Saving video files on your portable multimedia gadget of choice is an easy way to catch up on your viewing. Whether it's your favorite shows, personal videos or just fun stuff you saw online, storing and sharing videos are made easier these days with hand held devices. Whether you're viewing movies in your iPod or catching up on your television shows on your mobile phone, as long as you've got your videos handy, you can watch to your heart's content.
But not all devices support all file formats. Some file formats native to iPod cannot be viewed on mobile phones or on laptop computers and vice versa. The best thing for you to do, if you want to enjoy your videos wherever, whenever, using whatever handy device you have on hand, is to convert them into MP4 format. For the purpose of instruction, we'll be converting the MV4 format to MP4 and we'll be using the Any Video Converter program that you can download free of charge from the Internet.
Make sure you've installed and are familiar with the program's functions and interface before you proceed to the conversion steps below:
- Close all programs except Any Video Converter. The AVC takes up a lot of memory to run, so for optimum efficiency, make sure you're only running AVC for the meantime. You won't need any ancillary software running alongside it anyway so it's best you allocate as much memory to AVC as you can.
- Add the files. In the software toolbar, select "File" > "Add Video." You can also add files by clicking on the "Add Video" icon found in the toolbar. This step is usually pretty intermediate, as anyone with a functioning knowledge of computers knows how to load files to programs.
- Destination location. Depending on which computer you are running on, you may have to specify where the program will save the newly converted MP4 files. This is done by clicking on the "Output Folder" option at the lower left corner. You have the option to use the default folders provided by the program, but for efficiency's sake, it's best that you just save them to your desktop before moving them to your destination location.
- Specify file format. At the upper right corner of the screen you can see the "Profile" menu. Simply click on this and choose the MP4 file format from the list. You need to do this, as the program does not automatically save files into MP4.
- Begin converting. Start the conversion process by clicking on "Encode" on the toolbar. Your progress will be updated and depending on the number and size of files queued up, it can take from a few seconds to a few hours.
- Finish up. You will be notified if all of your MV4 files have been converted into MP4 files. When this is done, simply click on the "OK" button to end that particular session. You can move on to other conversion sessions when the previous batch is done.
You also have the option to convert into other file formats in the "Encode" option in step 4. Be sure you know which video viewing program you have that can read the file formats of your videos. If they don't, simply use a video converter to change them into the video formats that are readable by your software.
You can visit the sites below to download video converters: