MP3 files are one of the most common file formats for audio today. MP3s can be used as ringtones for mobile devices and music to carry around in MP3 players. People who have mobile phones that cannot support the file format MP3 opt to use polyphonic ringtones. Polyphonic ringtones are not as clear as MP3 formats but they were a popular choices when MP3s were not yet used for mobile devices.
Here are the steps on how you can convert your MP3 files into polyphonic ringtones:
- Software. To be able to convert MP3 files to polyphonic ringtones, you will need an audio conversion software. You can download some of these programs for free from certain websites. There are a lot of different choices you have for conversion software. Some of these are MP3 To Ringtone Gold, Mobile Music Polyphonic and LAME MP3 Encoder. The most common program to use is the LAME MP3 Encoder.
- Download. You can download the LAME MP3 Encoder from the website softsea.com. After downloading, install the software on your computer so that you can convert your files. Follow the installation prompts on the screen and you will be able to successfully install the program on your computer.
- MP3 files. You can use MP3 files that you already have on your computer or you can also get music from your CDs. Just insert your CD to the computer and use an audio management program to get the songs that you want to convert as polyphonic ringtones. Put all the files that you are going to convert so that you can find them easily.
- Converting. Open the conversion software on your computer. Put all the MP3 files that you wish to convert on the software. You can do this by clicking the option ‘Choose Files’ and choosing the MP3 files that you put inside the folder. You must set the type of conversion you want to do. For this, choose MP3 for the original file and choose WAV file for the output. After this click on the ‘Encode’ button.
- Wait to finish. The conversion of the files may take several minutes, depending on the size of the files that you are converting. Wait for the process to finish before closing the program.
- Transferring to mobile phone. Once the conversion is finished, you can already use your polyphonic ringtone on your mobile phone. Connect the cable of your mobile phone to the computer and wait for the computer to detect your phone. You can then drag the polyphonic tones to the music folder or the ringtone folder to be able to use it.
These are the steps on how you can convert MP3 files to polyphonic ringtones. Having an audio conversion software in your computer is very helpful in times like these. You can also convert other file formats using the program that you have downloaded. This will make converting easier for you so that you will not have any problems when you need different types of audio files for different purposes.