There are many ways to convert FLV files such as YouTube videos. The easiest one is to follow the steps below.
- Copy the URL of the site that contains the video you want to convert. This means that you have to go to YouTube, Google Video or another site that links to .flv videos and copy the link showed in the address bar, e.g. http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=M03zq8WKne8.
- Open the site that converts FLV videos. Go to the website of the Free Online Video Converter: http://www.flvix.com/.
- Paste in the URL of the site you copied in step one. In the middle of the online converter site there is a gray box preceded by the word URL. In that box you'll paste the link you copied earlier.
- Choose the desired format for conversion. Just below that gray box there is a white box preceded by "Desired format". There you choose .avi for Windows, .mov for Mac, .3gp for cell phones, .mp4 for portable video player, or .mp3 for portable audio players. Of course there is more than one option possible for each system, you just need to have the player for the format you want.
- Click on the "Convert" button and wait. Simply click on the button in the gray box below and wait for the website to convert your video. This should take from seconds to minutes, depending on the video size.
- Download the converted video to your PC or portable device. When it gets done, a new button will appear on the site. Click on "Download the converted video" and the browser will ask you to save the file. If you want to convert more videos, just click on the gray box "Back" and you'll be redirected to the homepage.
Now you can watch the videos whenever and wherever you want.