A picture slide show is a perfect way to display and share your beautiful pictures. It can be used as a screen saver, or uploaded to a digital photo frame, a smartphone or on the web. As you know JPEG is the most popular picture file format that most digital cameras and photo editing computer programs use to save images. This file format can compress an image in several levels to compensate for some loss in quality. If you have a collection of beautiful photographs and plan to create a jpeg picture slideshow with them, there are various computer programs that you can use to create the slideshow.
- Download a free slideshow creating computer program. There are several being offered on the web. Choose one that is user friendly and with several features that will give you flexibility when creating the picture slide show. PhotoStage by NCH software has a free version that you can download from their site.
- Organize your photographs and choose those that you would like to include in the slideshow and create a new folder for them. This will make it easier for you to locate all the photographs in one location.
- If you are planning to add music to your slideshow, then choose the appropriate ones and include them in the folder you have created for the photographs. If you are going to add narration to your slideshow, this is the time for you to write a script so you can have some time to practice before you start creating the slideshow.
- Launch PhotoStage. The editing window is divided into two. The right one shows the mini screen where you can preview the sequence of your slideshow. The left section shows the functions that you can do.
- Click the Add Photos and Media Files tab on the left section and locate the folder where you save the photos you will be using for the slideshow. To select all the photos at once, click on the first one with the left mouse button and the shift key pressed. Then move the last image and click again still with the shift key pressed. Click the Open button in the window and the files will be loaded to PhotoStage.
- You can now select all the photos or add them one by one to the bottom of the screen. It is the gray area that is labeled Drag your image and video clips here. Just click the image from the Media List box and drag it to the image area. You can also use the Add Selected to Slideshow tab.
- Each image/photo is called a slide. Each slide has a rectangular box to the right of it. The top box allows you to edit the transition for each slide. The lower part of the box shows the duration of each slide. You have the option to edit how long the slide will remain in the slideshow by clicking on that box. Adjust the number of seconds you want the slide to remain in the slideshow and click the OK button.
- Although the effects in PhotoStage are limited these can be enough for a beginner. You have the option to add effects to individual slides or select several slides and add an effect to them. Color Effects where you can change the color to sepia, to black and white or turn it into a negative. Brightness will allow you to change brightness, contrast and gamma of a slide. You can add a title to each slide with the Text Title effect and add another image over a slide by using the Watermark effect. You can also use the Crop and Rotate as well as the Pan and Zoom effects. The sliders make it easy for you to make your changes. Click the Apply Changes tab every time you have applied an effect to the slide. You can preview what you have done by clicking the Preview button at the top bar.
- The PhotoStage program allows you to record your narration for the photo slide. Make sure that you have a good stereo microphone connected to your computer. If you have opted to add music to your slideshow you can add the sound file into your media list box and drag and select it to the bottom section of the editing window below the slides.
- For you to be able to edit your project, add more slides, change music or remove others, you have to save your work as a project and save it in the same folder where your images and music are saved. Make sure also that you do not change the location of these files or you will not be able to open and edit your project.
- After you are done with all the editing and adding effects to the slides, click the Save Slideshow tab. You will be presented with several options on the format where you will save it. You can save it on a disc, on your computer, to a portable medium, as an Image Sequence or for You Tube. Check all the options that are available and choose one that applies to your need.
Create beautiful memories by organizing your collection of photographs and making slideshows with it. Sharing photographs has now become a boom among Internet users with several sites offering photo-sharing activities. Delight your friends and family with your creativity when making a jpeg picture slideshow that perhaps chronicles your adventure. Who knows, you may even get the chance to earn from it someday.