Time will come when all the educational needs of every person can be obtained through e-learning. In fact, almost all degrees in college can now be taken online--from the associate's degrees to doctoral degrees. The Internet's invasion is so unlimited that the options for learning are unlimited. Why not use the power of the Internet to teach the world? All you need is to create online training courses and use your imagination.
Online training courses vary from instructor to instructor. You should choose the style and approach that will best fit for your target learners.
1. Decide the main program you will use for your online training course. Consider your familiarity, your target learners' familiarity, and the program's flexibility on different platforms. Here are some of the best picks when creating online computer training courses and tutorials:
- MS Power Point. The best thing about this program is that it is actually created for presentations like providing online classes. As a matter of fact, Power Point is still the choice for most businesses, schools, and freelance instructors. This should be your pick for professional training like sales training.
- Macromedia Flash. More than for creating fun games, this software can now be used as an alternative to creating instructional materials for online classes. You can create fun and interactive tutorials with its many tools. For example, you can include a typing possibility with this system. Flash presentations will surely offer entertainment for younger audiences, like pre-school kids.
- MS Word. Traditional learning through reading can be enabled with this program. Aside from that, this is also very familiar to many people. For an added trick, you can convert your Word file into a PDF format just to avoid changes in style, in case the learner's computer does not support some text styles you used. You can choose this also for sales training or other online tutorials for professionals.
- Video capturing software. Have you seen a PhotoShop online tutorial wherein the instructor was able to capture what he was doing in his computer? That became possible with video capturing software.
Basically, this kind of software records whatever you are doing on your computer, even if it's only simple typing.
Some of the best video capturing tools for online training are AviScreen, CamStudio, JingProject, Adobe Captivate, AllCapture, and ScreenMimic. Most of these allow inserting voice over screenshots.
Almost all kinds of audiences will appreciate using this software. But this is best for application-related computer trainings.
2. Start creating the training courses. Pull together everything you need for the training like articles, examples, images, videos, or sound files. It will be easier and faster to create an online course when all the things you need are ready at hand.
3. Review the finished training course. Proofread it at least thrice. Then, ask a friend to critique it for you. Also, ask someone who will represent your target learners to critique the training course.
4. Plan how you will distribute the training material. You may post in your social network site about it and individually send the file. If not, you can upload it in file-hosting or library sites like File Savr, File Dropper, FileFactory, and FileDen. Training courses in videos can be uploaded on YouTube. You can also use your website if you have one.
There, you have finally reached your students from all over the world. With online training, nothing is impossible, especially now that Cyberspace is the new library of knowledge.