Craigslist is today's leading website for local classified ad listings. What makes Craigslist so effective is that it focuses on localized listings. This way, the advertisements listed are usually relevant to both the buyer and seller. For instance, a business owner in LA is better of posting an advertisement on a listing that's specific to LA. Otherwise, if the classified ads site is too general, he might get inquiries from other cities, states or countries. While some businesses are able to service customers throughout the world, some, like shops, stores, and professional services, are better able to service clients in their locality.
Most Craigslist ads are text-based, though, and you can easily post an ad on Craigslist by clicking the "Post to classifieds" link at the left column or the upper-right corner of the site (or simply by going directly to https://post.craigslist.org). The text-based ad might suffice if you want simplicity, and if your product or service doesn't require visuals. However, if you want a more professional-looking Craigslist ad, then you would benefit from various websites that offer free (and paid) services to use a graphical template on your Craigslist ad.
Some examples of these services include Adjaz and Free Craigslist Ads.
Creating free professional ads through Adjaz
- Go to adjaz.com. Then click the "Build Ads Free" link. Choose the "Free" plan, then click the "Continue" button.
- You will be asked to sign up for an account. Fill in your details on the sign up page. If you already have an account, then you can simply login using the "Login" link at the header.
- Choose a business type. You have several options, including General Services, Cityscapes, Real Estate/Rentals, General Business, Colorful Flyers, and the like. Choose whichever is most appropriate to your business.
- Choose a template that you think looks best for the type of service that your business offers.
- Fill in the form with the appropriate details, such as your product or service name, features, description, and contact information.
- Change the default images with your own product or service images. You can open the image manager by clicking on the image you want to change.
- Click the Preview button to see how your ad will look like in your Craigslist ad page.
- You can click the Edit button if you want to change details. Otherwise, if you are satisfied with your ad, click "Post" to copy the HTML code to your clipboard.
- If you wish to save a copy of the ad for future use, click the Save button. You can then edit your ad in the future, as the need arises.
- Paste the code you just copied into the description field when posting an ad in Craigslist.
Adjaz will keep your ad active for a year. Free accounts are not able to use backgrounds, though, and you might be limited to hosting images on your own website or on another free hosting service.
Remember to include all the correct and important details of your product, business or professional service when preparing an ad with a template.