Although Inkjet color printers seem to be the most popular printer whether at home or in the office because of the great results it is able to produce, there is also a question of the amount of money spent when it comes to refilling cartridges. You may not have to spend a whole lot of cash to purchase an inkjet printer but operating it can be quite costly, what with the quantity of ink and paper it consumes. The good news is that there are definitely ways to cut down on these costs and still keep your inkjet printer working perfectly for you. Here’s how you can do it:
- The first thing you must do is choose to type of paper that is good for the job. This will cut down on your expenses for paper consumption. There are custom made types of paper that give you great results but they can be quite costly. You may want to use them only for special jobs that require the best quality. For ordinary types of jobs or rough drafts, opt for the less superior and more inexpensive type.
- The all purpose copier paper is also a cheap alternative when working on drafts, rather than inkjet paper, which is of course a lot more expensive. They also come in a variety of colors you can choose from and several designs as well. You can save a lot of money by making use of these designs as your background, rather than having to print out a background of your own which consumes more ink.
- Another way to keep your printing cost to the minimum is by reviewing documents before you start printing them out. Use your “Print Preview” to check if you may have any errors on your layout.
- Set your printer on “Draft mode.” By using this method, you save a lot on ink. Whatever you have saved up can be used for more important documents that require good quality printing.
- Try not to throw away draft papers. Reuse them instead for working on other drafts or to jot down notes on. You can also use them for drawing if you wish. The important thing is that you are not wasting paper that you can still make good use of.
- If your printer is frequently being used, you might want to start re-filling the cartridges you use. When purchasing new cartridges, try browsing around different shops first. Their prices normally vary and you may be able to get better deals for yourself if you look around before purchasing them at the first store you see.
- If you are running a business, try to do in-house printing as much as possible. You would be surprised at the amount of money you spend when having your job done at a print shop. It could cost three times higher than doing your printing job in-house.
Money is not easy to come by nowadays and whichever way you can cut down on your expenses can help. When it comes to printing, take a good look at the habits you have developed and consider how much money you may have wasted. Work on learning new ones to keep your costs down and start saving up.