If you are just starting out with your nightclub, your top priority will be to increase your patronage or the number of your customers. This is plain commonsense, but not everyone who goes about opening a business takes this into consideration. To increase your patronage, you can advertise your nightclub and build up its image. It is in this latter task that your nightclub logo will matter very much. To learn how to design a nightclub logo, read the rest of this article.
- Identify the character of your nightclub. Your logo should reflect the nature of your business, as well as its uniqueness among other businesses of similar nature in your area. What kind of concept or idea would you like your prospect customers to have when they see your nightclub logo? Take this question seriously when you conceptualize your nightclub logo and make sure that the concept or idea is highlighted and emphasized clearly and creatively in your nightclub logo.
- Study how other nightclubs designed their logos. Although this step is purely optional, you might want to have a feel of what your competitors have done with their logos. Though purely optional, this step will allow you to generate ideas about your own logo design. You can, then, decide whether to deviate drastically from the “herd,” or to stick to the prevalent style. To perform this step, you can study the various logo designs of nightclubs in your area simply by looking at their flyers or just by going around town.
- Maintain a minimalist outlook. Going for a minimalistic design will add to your logo’s elegance and classiness. More importantly, minimalistic logo designs also tend to withstand trends and fluctuations in market needs. This piece of advice applies not just to the lines of your logo drawing but also to the choice of colors. This is not an absolute rule, though, as you might want to go psychedelic on your logo design. The most important thing to remember is the kind of character or image that you are projecting about your business through your logo.
- Start drawing. Not everyone has the inborn ability to translate ideas or concepts into drawings on paper. Nevertheless, be an artist at this point and draw a sketch or draft of your logo design concept. If you are one of the few who have artistic talent, this should not be difficult. But, the output at this step is not yet the final design. It will need to be refined.
- Refine your design. You can do this yourself, if you are an artist. In which case, you can draw a final draft design by hand. Or, you can use graphics software that can help you. As far as graphics software is concerned, you can use some of the popular ones such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, or The GNU Image Manipulation Program (The GIMP). However, if you are not artistically gifted, ask someone—a friend, a colleague, a family member, a hired professional—to help you refine your design. Communicate your concept to your graphics designer so that she or he can flesh out exactly what you have in mind. Show your graphics designer the sketches that you made so that the designer can have an idea on where to begin. It may also be a good idea to encourage your graphics designer to present you with several new options or improvements of your own sketches.
Once your nightclub logo is complete, you should be able to use it wherever it is needed—on flyers, on your outside signage, on your website, on business cards, etc.