First of all, what is a DVD ripper? With a DVD ripper, you would be able to copy audio, video, or any other data from a DVD disc; this data could then be saved to your computer hard drive, or burned to another recordable DVD.
Many DVD rippers also enable you to convert DVD data into formats such as from DVD to MP3, DVD to MP4, DVD mpeg, avi, or wav that could be read by devices such as your iPod, Creative Zen, PSP, Xbox, video-capable cell phones, etc.
When you’re choosing which DVD ripper to download, some of the factors that you can take into consideration include whether it’s user-friendly and easy to use even if you’re not that proficient in using computers; the ripping speed; and the video and audio quality that you’d get after you extract the data.
There are available DVD rippers for sale online; many of them offer free trial periods. One such website is at bestDVDripper.net, which offer DVD rippers for different operating systems such as Windows and Mac. Be guided also by the available user’s reviews on this website.
Apart from the DVD rippers that you could purchase online, try out ones that are being offered free. Here are some websites that you could check out:
- DVD-ipod.biz. There are many different types of DVD rippers available here; the type of DVD ripper you choose to download would likely depend on which format you like to have the data converted to. For example, if you like to watch movies on your mobile phone, you could choose to download the DVD to 3G ripper; for DVD backup options, you could choose the DivX DVD ripper; and for Mac OS, you could download their MacTheRipper program.
- magicDVDripper.com. At this website you’d find one specific DVD ripper that boasts of its high ripping and copying speed (20 to 40 minutes for one copy) and ease of use. It also enables you to split a movie into 2 different discs without sacrificing quality. You could choose to purchase this for $34.97, or download a free trial version (3 MB).
- share2.com. This website has many downloadable freeware programs, including DVD copy software. They have eight such programs available for free, and again the key to choosing which particular one to download is to know which format you need (mp1, mp2, wav, etc) and if there is any particular feature you need. For example, their offered 1Click DVD Ripper enables you to rip only a selected part of the DVD. Super DVD Ripper has a built-in CD burning capability so you could create DVD backup copies even if you don’t have a burner.
- top5soft.com. A recommended DVD ripper program here is the imTOO DVD Ripper Platinum, which can extract audio and video information from DVDs and convert to virtually all popular formats, all with very high speed. Be guided by its key features that are listed down, to help you determine if this is the ripper right for you.
- DVD-video-converters.com. Available for free download are different brands of DVD rippers such as Cucusoft, Aimersoft, Avex, and 4media.
There you have it! If you’re a serial movie watcher and avid music fan, the DVD ripper is simply a must-have for you! Just a word of warning: while you’re choosing among all the DVD ripper software available on the net, it’s very important to have an efficient anti-virus software. Also, know how to detect whether a program seems to be legit or may contain a virus. Good luck!