Getting access to the Internet in almost any place is a necessity for a lot of people. With the advent of WiFi hotspots, that demand has been answered. However, with a lot of establishments that have a hotspot, how do you know which one is near you?
Good thing there are various ways in locating a free WiFi hotspot. Now, Internet hotspots can never stand unnoticed. Here are some ways on how you can check hotspots in an area:
- Hotspot Directories - Where else can you find a good source of information in terms of hotspots than the Internet? There are a lot of Web sites that host WiFi directories. You only need to enter some information like zip code or address and it will display all hotspots located within the area. Once you click a result, you will be given the address, phone number, map, and other important information of the establishment offering the free WiFi network. However, before you head to the establishment, it is sometimes necessary to give them a call to ensure that they are still offering the service. There are some instances that online directories do not contain updated information.
- WiFi Finder - The WiFi finder is a device that is used as a locator of free WiFi hotspots. It is a small radio frequency tool, usually battery-operated, that has the capacity to scan the airwaves to search for WiFi signals. This locator points out areas where there is a strong WiFi signal.
- WiFi Finder Software - There are also software or programs that you can download from the Internet that can help you find WiFi broadband signals.
- Local Internet Service Provider's Web Site - Know who the city's top service providers are. More often than not, they are the ones that provide broadband connections to a lot of WiFi establishments. For example, the US Provider T Mobile. They have more than 10,000 hotspot locations across the country and their Web site will show the locations of each T Mobile hotspot.
- Restaurants and Cafes - If by any chance you don't have access to any of the tools mentioned above, you may look for any establishment like restaurants, coffee shops and bookstores that are offering WiFi access. If you walk around a city, you will definitely find one.
- City Locations - If you are in a city, there is a big possibility that they are offering WiFi access to their people, especially big cities crowded by a lot of tourists and businessmen. Hotels, libraries, airports and schools are the most common city locations where free WiFi access is offered.
It will be impossible that someone cannot find a free WiFi hotspot in one area. There are a lot of establishments offering this wireless broadband network and if you know how to look for them, you will never run out of options.
Now, getting access to the Internet when you travel away from home is always possible. So whatever important matter you have to do on the Internet, there is nothing to worry about. It just requires an entrance to an establishment and there you go, you'll have a WiFi hotspot access in no time, without any fee.