A film buff’s only luxury would be to have his very own DVD writer that he can use to save all his precious films on back-up DVDs. This is what he watches until its surface gets scratched from wear and tear. A music aficionado will download loads of music online and burn them as an album through the DVD writer—the standalone or the one that comes with a standard model personal computer. But how do they get all these data organized properly in DVD format? With DVD writing software, that’s what. But just how does one get free software to burn DVD copies?
In this day and age where the Internet provides freebies of every kind, great (but most importantly, free) software is available if you know what to look for and where to look for them. Listed below are free software programs that burn DVDs just the way you like them.
- AVS Disc Creator. A versatile program that works well with various types of file formats like DVD+/-RW, DVD+/-R, Double/Dual Layer DVD, CD-R/RW, as well as digital breakthrough Blu-Ray technology BD-R, and BD-RE. It also provides multi-language translation in German, French, Italian and Spanish aside from Standard English.
- CD Burner XP Pro. Another program that can read and write in several popular media like CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R and DVD-RW is the CD Burner XP Pro. It can also register ISO files. This is the software of choice for burning songs quickly and glitch-free. It can run on Windows® format like Win2000, ME, XP or Vista.
- Deep Burner. This software has a free version and a purchased version, the Pro. The free version is actually a trial version of what the souped-up Deep Burner Pro is like. It is compatible with DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW/RAM, and CD-R/CD-RW discs. Aside from that, this software can write and burn ISO images as well.
- Final Burner. Like the previous software, Final Burner has a paid and free version. This is very similar to the Deep Burner. This application can run on Win2000 and newer versions. It can run on Windows XP and Vista.
- ImgBurn. Of all the programs listed above, this is probably the simplest freeware you can ever have. It can burn data on DVD+R/RW, CD-R/RW, HD-DVD, DVD-R/RW, and Blu-Ray discs. It can also read image files like .img, .iso, ,bin, .pdi, .nrg and .pds. Another attractive feature is that this program can run on older Windows® products like Win95, Win98, and NT to newer Vista or XP.
Now, before you download any free software to burn DVD copies, make sure you do a little background to verify their system requirements. Your hardware might not support some programs. Check out also the technical support provided by the website where you downloaded the program as trusted sites post bug fixes periodically, streamlining your work more efficiently. Another word of advice, assess their performance through online reviews so that you get to choose only the best giveaway software for burning DVDs.