Email marketing has been proven to be an effective and inexpensive way to reach your target market simultaneously and within minutes. The key for an email marketing blast or direct marketing campaign to succeed is proper management. The objective with email blasts is to make your customers purchase and not simply visit your website. Even if you use freeware, the newsletters you send should encourage the reader to open and read the marketing piece. Your subject line should be catchy enough to generate business. There are many free software options that can meet your needs:
The site is a Free Downloads Center that has email marketing software to choose from.
Inwise Desktop is free software that lets you create and send newsletters.
SendBlaster has a mailing list manager. This software allows you to use your own database that has been integrated with your mailing list in your website, to exchange communication with friends and customers, by sending emails customized to the addressee.
This site offers free download software for you to browse.
In choosing the right software, check to make sure that it:
- Is user-friendly in order that you can create your own newsletter.
- Allows you to select a mailing list or to build target lists by extracting emails from existing web pages.
- Has a fast engine to launch your mass marketing campaign in minutes.
- Allows you to revise and change the content and format of your emails. You should be able to send an HTML blast with a stylized and colorful format. Do not forget to that your content should be about your business and relevant to the subscriber base.
- Allows you choose a graphical style and copy sample content from several templates, or the freeware allows you to import your own .eml files from HTML or your Outlook files.
- Protects your entire database and your own email from spammers. Make sure to review the CAN SPAM laws and only send out legal emails for marketing.
Look at reports that show the latest industry trends if you want to know what to expect from your campaign. A legitimate, upstanding business can successfully reach people online through direct marketing, using email marketing and newsletter blasts. All you need is proper campaign management.
Just keep in mind that if you use freeware to distribute your newsletters, you may have limitations to reach all of your intended recipients. Some may consider your contact spam and your company's credibility will be questioned. A better alternative is to explore paid software. You can always take advantage of the free trial periods to determine which software best suits your needs.