If you are getting tired of your mouse pointer that has been the same since you bought your computer, you will be happy to know that there are ways you can change your boring old mouse cursor into a new one. You do not have to stick with the same arrow pointer the whole time. You can actually change it into other fun pointers so that using your computer will be a bit more fun than the usual.
Here is a step by step procedure on how to find new mouse cursors:
- Click on the “start” button located on the lower left side of your computer screen. For other computer versions, it may be the pearl shaped button located on the same place. After clicking it, find the “settings”.
- Hover over the word “settings” and a new window will come out. Look for the “control panel” and click it to open the control panel window.
- There are icons or pictures that are on display on the control panel window. Look for the mouse icon and double click on it. The mouse properties will open in a new window.
- On the upper portion of the mouse properties windows, there are tabs. Locate the “Pointer” tab and click on it.
- On this page, you should click on the down arrow located on the right portion of the page and the various pointer designs will come out.
- You may choose the mouse pointer that you want to have on this page. Some of the designs are even animated.
- Click OK after you have already chosen the mouse pointer that you want. Close the windows of the mouse properties and the control panel after you are done with changing your mouse pointer.
Your options on mouse pointers are not just the ones that are on your computer. You can also download mouse pointers from the Internet for more choices to choose from. There are a lot of web sites on the Internet that offers mouse pointers. Some of these web sites even offer mouse pointers for free if you search for it on a good search engine. You just have to download it and put it on the “cursors” folder on your computer. Animated mouse pointers are the popular mouse pointers that are being downloaded by most people. If you have already downloaded your chosen mouse pointer and you want to use it for your own, follow the procedure from step one to 6, then do this:
- Click on the “browse” button location on the same page, and look for the folder named “cursors”. It is usually located under your Windows folder. Click on the scheme that you want, and then click OK, as instructed in step 7.
Now that you already know how to change the mouse pointer on your computer, you will not be bored with your computer anymore. You may even change your mouse pointer everyday so that your computer will look fresh on your eyes when you want to work on it.