With the present global financial crisis, people are always looking for ways to stretch the buying capacity of every dollar. During the pre-crisis times, shopping was usually regarded as a past time, a “feel good” activity, and most buyers would splurge on excessive purchases of goods that they actually had little or no need of. These days however, shoppers try to spend more wisely by looking for good bargains and deals.
One popular way of cutting down on shopping expenses is by using discount coupons. Originally, manufacturers distributed coupons through magazines, newspapers and mail as part of their sales strategy. But with the advent of modern technology, they are now available on the Internet as printable online discount coupons. Though online coupons abound on the web, finding them requires some search effort on your part.
Here are some guidelines that may help you in your hunt:
- Make your search explicit and definite. For instance, if you are looking for free coupons for restaurants, type it specifically on Google search as “free restaurant coupons”.
- f you have a particular shopping place in mind, type its name on the search bar. For example, if you plan to make purchases at Walmart, then enter the phrase “Walmart’s coupons”.
- New products usually give special offers through online deal. Find out what these products are before making an online search for discount coupons.
Here are some recommended websites where you can find online coupons:
- coupons.smartsource.com. This site is very simple and has an easily navigable feature to make your search effort-less and quick. Go to the page allotted for coupons and just take your pick by clicking or checking off your choices.
- wow-coupons.com. A user friendly website, wow-coupons.com offers printable purchase coupons of all kinds. Grocery coupons, order coupons, restaurant coupons, travel coupons, retail and rebate coupons are available from this source.
- fatwallet.com. Around 2,500 retailers are linked with www.fatwallet.com. The site has an organized set of shopping categories for a speedier and more organized search. Some of the categories that can be found here are: baby and kids, electronics, restaurants, travel, movie/theater, pets, jewelry, groceries and many more.
- currentcodes.com. Searching for online coupons also entails the ability to find secret coupon codes. This is not easy to do considering that most websites do not actually have lists of these discount codes. Currentcodes.com does the job of providing coupon codes. This site also makes sure that the codes are correct, existing and available for use.
- dealcatcher.com. Available in this site are itemized coupons that indicate the particular product brand for which a certain coupon applies. Samsung television sets, LG washing machines, Dell Inspiron laptops are among the product brands that are allotted discount coupons which you can benefit from.
For a successful search of online coupons, you need to be patient and systematic. Plan your search during your off-work hours preferably when you are about to retire for the day. A hurried search will only bring you to websites that may not be useful at all.