In the multi-faceted world of movie editing, you can easily stumble into software that does an okay job if you’re in a hurry to get things done. That’s fine if you’re only up to satisfying yourself, but what if you’re servicing clients who demand the best for what they’re paying you to accomplish. Now there’s the rub. Sometimes, you can’t have your cake and eat it, too. When you’re forced to look for the best movie editing software that you can use to accomplish cinema-quality editing, the choices are wide open.
Here’s how to find the best movie editing software.
1. Under $100 and ranked according to its popularity among Editors.
- CyberLink Power Director 8 De Luxe. Easy to use and versatile, this software allows you to upload directly to You Tube or Facebook and is compatible for use on your iPhone and Xbox to name just a few of its features.
- Cyberlink Power Director Ultra. All the combined features of the De Luxe plus the ability to burn Blu-ray discs.
- Corel VideoStudio X3. This is the improved and enhanced version of the basic Corel Video Studio. The interface, features, and enhancements make editing faster and smoother.
- Adobe Premiere Elements 8. This software remains to be unmatched when it comes to production capabilities. This editing software even comes with its own organizer that tags content according to the shot list, location, date, and time. You may also view your movie-in-progress without leaving the organizer window. This software involves a learning process so its manufacturers made sure tutorials and support teams are on hand to assist the user.
- Magix Movie Edit Pro 2010. Favored for its sleek effects, smooth transitions, and seamless photo editing, this software is an upgrade of the 09 version that is both DVD and Blu-Ray compatible. This software also allows you to edit video in batches all at one time and lets you store up to 99 tracks for your musical score.
- Pinnacle Studio 12 Plus. Installation is not a problem for this software. However, you will have to take its 2-hour tutorial to learn its complexities. Despite this, this software is a runaway hit owing to its features like SmartAudio and Metering.
2. Top 5 Free Movie Editing Software of all time.
- Microsoft Movie Maker. This software comes already installed in more modern computers who run Windows XP. You should have no problems with your basic editing needs while upgrades are made available anytime through the Microsoft website.
- Apple iMovie. If you’re a Mac user, this is the software to meet your editing needs. However, you will have to buy a Mac to be able to download this from the website.
- Avid FreeDV. This software works well with both Windows and Mac operating systems. Quite complex to learn but worth the time spent learning how it works.
- Wax. This one is so versatile that it can do basic and highly-complex editing jobs. If you’re a novice or a professional, this one is for you.
- Zwei-Stein. This software allows you to edit hundreds of video, stills, and audio clips plus a wide variety of special effects but you might find the user interface to be quite intimidating. Still, it’s worth checking out for its full suite of features.
For movie editing software that’s under a hundred bucks or something that’s free for use, you decide what fits the demands of your editing project. The next step is yours to take.