A problem in the registry is a problem of the whole computer system. Hence, if you encounter errors in the registry, it is important to make a move in fixing them right away. However, errors in the registry are not something that you must bring to the attention of a professional and pay for a fee. With the help of a tool, you can do it yourself without much fear of making a wrong move in the system. Here, check out this step by step instruction in fixing your computer registry.
- Find a good registry tool. The Internet has a number of options to offer you when it comes to registry cleaners. A cleaner is a program that will help you detect all the errors in the registry and fix them right away. With this very important role of a registry cleaner, it is necessary that you get a reliable and efficient one. Take note that a simple mistake in the registry can already cause a very serious damage in your system. Hence, it is just proper to say that you must trust only the best in the market. Also, remember to choose a registry cleaner that is compatible with the operating system of your computer.
- Download and install the tool in your computer. You have the option to download a paid or free registry cleaner. What matters is you choose a cleaner that will help you successfully in your computer problem. Follow the instructions as provided by the website and the software developer for proper download and installation.
- Scan the registry for errors. When the tool is ready in your computer, open it and start the scanning process. Usually, this will take several minutes before the software can finish searching and identifying errors in the registry.
- Fix the identified errors in the registry. Once the scan is complete, the software will present you all the errors it has detected in the registry. Fix the errors by clicking the "Fix Errors" button. This process will only take a few seconds to be completed. You will be presented with a message showing you the success of the action.
- Undo the repair. There are times that fixing the errors in the registry will lead to some problems in the computer. This can be because the registry cleaner had deleted important and necessary files when the errors were fixed. When this happens, do not worry. The registry cleaner usually creates an undo file after the cleanup so you can bring back the registry in its original state before the fix was performed. If your selected registry has given you no undo file, you can restore the settings in the registry through “System Restore,” which can be accessed from "All Programs" and then "Accessories."
Errors in the system registry can lead to a lot of troubles in your computer. Hence, you must always make a way to properly fix the errors in the system. However, it is important for you to take note of the above-mentioned steps closely. Though you can manually repair the errors in the registry, it is always recommended to use a reliable tool to fix problems in the registry. You do not want to manually delete errors in the registry and find it impossible to use your computer after rebooting it.