Wherever you go, heavy traffic is always a hassle. Speeding traffic, fighting traffic, citations traffic, and traffic pay—we’ve all been through it. No one wants to be caught in the middle of one. There is one thing, however, that some people do want to increase, and that is promotion traffic for their blog. There are several different ways in which you can increase traffic to your blog. Typically, there are seven classic steps which bloggers use to increase traffic to their site.
Here are the seven basic steps, plus a few bonus tips, on how to increase traffic to your blogs:
- The first step is to make sure that you optimize your website. What this means is that you have to make sure that every inch of space on your site is maximized and made use of to promote traffic to your site. Optimizing your site also involves making sure that your site is easily accessible to your target viewers, by using such tools as Google Maps and Geotagging.
- The next step is to submit your blog’s link for inclusion in every possible search engine and directory that you can find. This is pretty self-explanatory: the more search engines your blog is on, the better the chances of it being found by someone who is looking for information related to your blog.
- The third step is as simple as contacting webmasters with stable pages for the purpose of establishing links exchange.
- Post your comments in forums and comment on already established blogs. One thing, which you should not overlook, is the power of online connections. If you can get yourself promoted on an already established blog, then there is a big chance that your blog will have an increase in visitors, especially if you can get some good words in from the blog sponsor. One easy way to do this is to leave sensible, constructional comments on blogs, which are similar in nature to yours. Make sure that you tag your work, so that other people who visit the same blog can see your work too. This will boost the exposure of your blog, since well-established blogs have a pretty good number of followers already. It will also earn you the goodwill of established bloggers, and we all know that word-of-mouth is a very powerful tool for increasing awareness.
- Be visible in places where you know your target audience is bound to go, such as related websites.
- Don’t be afraid to compose and submit some articles regarding your blog topics with embedded self-reviews of your blog site.
- Take advantage of the current trend of online social networking sites. Apply for your own free accounts in WikiAnswers, AllExperts, Multiply, Facebook, Myspace, and any other community websites, because it will make it much easier for you to reach your potential audience.
- One word: Twitter!
- Don’t forget to add your blog to your user profile.
Follow the steps outlined above, and you should see an increase in traffic to your blog in no time!