Computer cookies are used by web browsers to store your information and browsing preferences. They are official tools used to send you back relevant suggestions the next time you use a browser. The sites you frequent can pull out data according to your cookie settings. You have to activate the reception settings of your browser. This will direct to the cookie installation in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or whatever software you are using to surf the Internet. Here is a breakdown of how to set this feature in motion for each browser.
Chrome by Google
- Open Chrome. If you prefer the neat interface and tab emphasis of the search giant’s web browser, you may already be familiar with the wrench icon. Search for it in the upper right-hand of the window. A list containing items will drop down. Choose Options.
- Go through the following click-commands: Under the Hood, Cookie Settings, and “Allow all cookies”. Restart Chrome by closing and then opening it again.
Firefox by Mozilla
- Open Firefox. If you are into the familiar environment of add-ons called Firefox, here is what you have to do. Go to Tools. It is at the top of the window, left-hand. In this drop-down list you will find Options. Select it and a window will pop up. You will find the option Privacy in the line of tabs at the top. Choose it.
- Accept cookies. A list of options with side boxes will show up. Tick “Accept cookies from sites” and “Accept third-party cookies.” Set the expiration to “until they expire.” Confirm your settings and select OK.
Internet Explorer by Microsoft
- Check out the IE’s main menu. If you are a loyal Microsoft baby, here is how to do it in good old Internet Explorer. Click on the Tools menu. Select Internet Options.
- Adjust privacy regulation. Among the tabs in the pop-up window, select Privacy. Set the glider to Medium or Low. Confirm your choice.
- Browse the Internet with Opera. Opera is a relatively newer browser than the rest. Its touch of bright red, mobile-preparedness, and lovely interface are what attract clients, helping it gain a steady base of users. If you prefer to browse in Opera, have it opened for a time of settings modification.
- Start with Tools. Float your cursor over the Quick Preferences feature. Then, choose the option Enable Cookies and you are done.
Safari by Apple
- Open Safari. If you love Apple’s sleek interface, Safari is your best buddy in the web. Here is how to tweak its settings for hosting cookies. Click Edit from the top. The drop-down list includes Preferences, which will lead to the Security selection.
- Choose to accept cookies. There is an option that asks if you want to Accept Cookies. The answer, of course, is “Always.”
- Close. Click X to close Preferences.
You have now several ways of activating your cookie acceptance settings. Now, if you are a multiple-browser user, this list is surely going to help you through breaking down the cookie settings of each of your favorites.
Just a word of caution: your browsing behavior is not being filed according to your identity but your computer’s identity, and some sites also send cookies from ad sites, which you can disallow in your browser’s Options or Preferences menu. You should be wary of these goings-on in the Internet.