When you were in college there were forums professors usually had during classes. These forums facilitate discussion on certain topics or issues. Among friends, you sometimes have forums too. Internet forums are usually referred to as message boards where messages, photos or shared files are posted. The most popular is the online community forum where members share common interests and give different opinions and points of view about an issue or topic.
There is an Online Community Forum software available that provides a system for online communication available for free to anyone on the Internet. This offers the opportunity to communicate with one another and set up communities involving activities, including exchanges of information and ideas, socialization, support groups and teamwork on a certain project.
Joining an online community forum is easy. There are just a few basic steps to take to join.
1. Choose a specific group of online community. Join a group that has the same interest as you.
2. Check the home page of the online community for sign up information. You'll need to enter a username, password and basic personal data like name, city, state or birth date. You'll receive a confirmation email. Click on the link in the email and then login to your online community. You can join as:
- Participants that may join the forum to create, edit, and view messages, profiles, photos and files. He can also carry out polls, invite friends, and get online help.
- Forum leader that creates a new forum, edits settings, send out broadcast emails, deletes messages, photos, files, profiles, and other database entries.
- The super-leader that can backup, freeze and delete forums. He can ban participants, send out broadcast emails, edit settings of forums and delete messages, photos, files, profiles, and other database entries.
- The system administrator that installs, configures and uninstalls the online community forum software. He also does backup, and freeze forums.
3. Read the terms and conditions of the online community forum service before posting.
4. Be in contact with other members. Introduce yourself to other members of the forum, and be updated on messages and activities.
Now that you are a member of a community forum, you can enjoy socializing with new acquaintances that have the same interests as you do. It also gives you a sense of belonging and identity since you form part of a group. An online community forum also serves as your support group. You also get to meet people of different nationalities and people who have different points of view. The online community forum is another source of knowledge for you.