A webshow is something that you can do to entertain your friends or family. This is also a good idea if you are into acting, writing or directing. There are plenty of webshows available on the Internet. Some of them are short episodes while others are in series format. The theme of the webshow is up to you. Just make sure that you can capture the interest of your target audience.
Here is how you can make your own webshow.
- Prepare the things you need to get started. You need a video camera or webcam, theme of the show, cast, locations and editing software.
- Decide on the theme. Sit down and decide what you want your show to be. You can gather some of your friends to come up with good ideas. You can create a comedy show, drama, and horror or just about anything you can think of. This is the first part that you should do so that it will be easier for you to shoot your webshow later on. Take down some notes.
- Write the script. Write down the script for your show. This is really helpful if you are planning on doing a series of webshows. It will determine the flow of the story. For the script, include the location of the shoot, the characters that will be performing and of course the lines of your characters. Use your creativity and imagination to come up with the best plot for your webshow.
- Get a cast. Once the script is locked, you can start gathering your cast for the show. You can use your friends or family. You can even be the one to act in your own webshow. Brief your cast about the flow of the webshow and tell them what each of their roles is. You can then have a rehearsal so that the shoot for the webshow will go smoothly. Get people who are willing to work with you and who are interested in acting for your show.
- Shoot the webshow. Now you can shoot the webshow. Choose a location that is appropriate for the story. Make use of props and backdrops if necessary. You may need some help when shooting the webshow if you are working with plenty of characters. Get lots of coverage by using different angles. By doing this, you will have a more professional looking show.
- Edit the show. After shooting, transfer the footage to your computer and start editing. This can be a tedious process. Choose the best clips and put them together. For editing, you can also use different sound effects and background music to improve your show.
- Upload the webshow. Upload the webshow once you are done editing. You can add the webshow to your own blog or to video hosting sites. Share the webshow to your friends and see how they react to it.
This is a fun activity that you can do on your spare time. Remember that
you are only limited by your imagination. Look for ways on how to
improve your webshow and you will have more views.