Having an awesome machine such as a laptop can surely make your life a bit easier on so many levels. However, it is important that you learn how to properly restart it. The good news is there are several ways to do it. Read on to learn more.
- Rebooting a laptop is pretty much like restarting a desktop computer. The only difference is, you are using a compact machine. There are several ways on how to do this. However, the most important thing that you need to do is to first ascertain your current OS or operating system. If your machine is using Microsoft Windows, then immediately go to step 2. However if you have a Mac computer, skip the next step and proceed to step number 3.
- If you do not know or are not sure on how to find out what type of operating system do you have, carefully follow this procedure. Go to the main screen (which is also called as the desktop screen) on your laptop. Look for the My Computer or Computer icon. It is usually labeled as My Computer or Computer accompanied with a computer picture. As soon as you see it, point and right click your mouse on the icon. A drop down menu will appear. Left click on “Properties” which is located at the end of the list. A page will appear and there you will see the current operating system of your laptop. If you cannot find the My Computer icon on your desktop, go directly to your start menu by left clicking on the start or Windows flag icon located on the bottom left corner of your screen. Look for the My Computer or Computer on the list and right click on it again then left click on “Properties.”
- You have several alternatives in rebooting your computer. The first one is going for the power button of your machine. This can be done to both Mac and Windows operating systems. All you have to do is press the power button and hold it for ten seconds or until the screen blacks out. Make sure you wait for 30 seconds to a minute before you push the power button again to restart it. This method is best for completely frozen machines and for Mac laptops. For Windows machines, a black screen will appear stating that you did not shut down your laptop properly. Just click on safe mode on the list. Wait for it to completely load in safe mode. Reboot by selecting restart on the start menu (please refer to step 4 for a more specific instruction).
- This step only applies to all Windows operating system. If your laptop is not frozen, you can press “CTRL-ALT-DEL” at the same time then click on the power button at the bottom right corner of the screen. Click on restart. Another method is clicking on the start menu (it is located at the bottom left corner of your laptop screen with a start or Windows flag icon on it). Click on the power button and choose restart.
- As for Mac laptops, you can also go directly to the Apple icon that is located at the uppermost left corner of your screen. Click on the power button on the menu that will appear and choose restart on the list.
These are the things that you need to do to successfully reboot your laptop. Just follow these steps carefully and you can never go wrong. Good luck!