A website’s HTML script contains a set of keywords aimed to keep a website’s page ranking high in the search engines. These keywords are usually taken from the website’s content and contain a several combinations of single words and phrases that a surfer can think of typing in the search box while doing a search over the Internet. As a website copywriter you have to think of all the word combinations to use when writing a website’s copy. When a website gets the highest ranking in the search engine like Google without additional tweaking of the website’s HTML code, then it got its ranking naturally. In your search engine optimization, it is a good idea to try to recreate the conditions for natural search engine optimization and see how the new website will fare against competition. Here’s how.
- Review the website and take note of all the keywords that have been used in the copy and in the HTML script.
- Search Google for Keyword Tool. Click on the link to take you directly to that page. On the top left of the screen you will see the label Find Keywords and a search box beneath it. You can type in several keywords, one keyword per line and place the URL of the website you want to analyze. There are advance options with additional filters that you can choose to make your analysis better. When you are satisfied with your selection, click the Search button.
- A list of Keyword Ideas will be displayed on the right half of the screen. Here you can see the list of several keywords related to the ones that you typed in the search box. You will see several columns with headers like Keyword, Competition, Global Monthly Searches, Local Monthly Searches, Local Search Trends, Estimated Statistics, Ad Share, Search Share and Extracted from Webpage. The number of columns shown will be based on the options that you have chosen in the Advanced Options fields. You can get a brief description of each column when you click on the link that says About This Date on the upper right hand corner of the Keyword Ideas box.
- The Keyword Ideas are sorted by relevance. Take note of the top keywords in the list and use them to search in Google. When the article or website that you are analyzing comes up, you can follow the general trend when you write for a new website because it is very logical that you can now recreate the natural search engine optimization that you have done before unwittingly.
- Websites that generate a lot of traffic and high search ranking are very much in demand. Advertisers are always on the lookout for good websites to put their advertisements in and will pay premium based on the traffic the website generate. Niche marketing is very much alive for online advertising. Choose the right keywords and make the website generate not only traffic but income as well.
It may be painstakingly slow as you go through the process of searching each keyword in your list, but the end results can be very satisfactory for all concerned.