It is possible to remove or delete pages from an existing or created PDF file but you would need to have a downloaded copy of not just the free Read only version of Adobe Acrobat, but the full Adobe Acrobat program installed in your computer.
Here are some sites you can source programs from if you would like to edit, delete or remove pages from an existing PDF file.
Search for the keyword "PDF" from download.com and choose from the free programs available for you to work on if you have PDF files.
This Google list will allow you search for PDF programs you need:
If you are using a Mac and have Leopard, you can go to Preview! Go to this link for the specific steps to follow: apple.com
If you are currently using Adobe Acrobat Professional 8, you can quickly delete pages using the "Delete Pages" command. Here are the simple steps to follow:
- Open the PDF file you want to edit using Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional.
- From the menu, click on "Delete Pages" to open the dialog box.
- Tick on the radio button before the word "From:" in the "Delete Pages" dialog box.
- Type in the page number of the first page that you want to delete on the text box after "From:"
- Type in the page number of the last page you want to delete on the text box after the word "To:" If you need to delete only one page, enter the same page number in both text boxes after the "From" and "To".
- Click "OK" to delete.
- Close the dialog box for "Delete Pages".
- When the confirmation dialog box appears, click on "Yes" to confirm that you want to delete the pages you specified. If you changed your mind, simply click no to cancel the process
- Wait for the dialog box to close and delete the page/s.
- Check your PDF document to see if the pages indicated were properly deleted.
- Save the new file preferably on a new file name.
If you already have a Nitro PDF Professional program installed, you can easily delete any page from your PDF documents without the need to go to the source document. Simply go to the Pages pane or the program's Insert and Edit tab.
To use the Pages pane to extract pages:
- From the Home tab, go to the Show/Hide group and click on Pages.
- While on the Pages pane, hold down the CTRL key and left-click on the page or pages you want extracted, or left-click then drag the mouse to select pages.
- Click Delete.
- Confirm that you want the page deleted by clicking on "OK" at the confirmation box.
To delete from a PDF document:
- Go to the Pages group
- Click on the Insert and Edit tab
- Click on Delete.
- Select the pages to delete on the Delete Pages dialog box.
- Click the Delete button.
- Check if the page/s to be deleted have been removed
If you would like to edit the content of a PDF file and not just simply delete a page, you can install a program that can convert your PDF file to another format like a Word doc. Edit the file as a Word document, including deleting pages, then convert the document back to a PDF format.