Have you ever been checking out your favorite website when you suddenly think it would be great to show the screen to a friend but you just didn't know how to? Or how about finding a site that you wanted to use as your wallpaper or as a display for an application or maybe as a proof for a blog? Or maybe you've experienced technical problems and you just wanted to show your computer technical support people the exact problem. The good news is that you can take a snapshot of your screen and put it in a file format. Here's how:
It's really quite easy to make a screenshot and it can be then used in a number of ways. If you are working with a desktop or a laptop that's Microsoft Windows based, here's what you should do:
- Go to the website or the screen that you want to make a copy of.
- Press the print screen (prtsc) button on your keyboard. (This is usually located on the upper right hand part of your keyboard.) Clicking on your print screen button immediately saves a copy or a snapshot of the website that you want.
- Choose a program to paste the snapshot on. You can use graphics programs like Paint, Corel or Photoshop.
- After you have opened a program for graphics, open a new file so you can paste the content of your clipboard. The keyboard command to use is ctrl + V. That is, you have to hold down the control key first and then press the letter V while keeping the control button pressed.
- After you have pasted the screen that you like, save the file. You can choose what format you want to use for this.
That is the basic idea for Windows. If you want better software, here's what you need to do.
- First, you should have a copy of !Quick Screen Capture on your computer. This is essential to get a snapview. You can get this software from Etrusoft.com.
- Once you have the software in storage and installed, open the program.
- After opening the program, go to the website that you want to take a picture of.
- Then go back to the start button and access the !Quick Screen Capture over the top of the site you want to put in your database.
- Click "capture" on the menu at the top. When you click this, you get a drop down list of options. You can choose full screen or you can choose to concentrate on parts of the screen only.
- After you've taken the photo, you can save this in a format of your choice. You can choose JPEG, GIF or BMP.
- After you have saved the screen, you can access your picture through your graphics software.
There is nothing to it, really. Just follow those quick and easy steps.