Do you have the latest web browser? If you are not sure yet, better check it out. It is always best to have the most updated version to eliminate security problems as well as increase your web browser’s functionality.
So if you want a better web browser, updating it to the latest and best browser version is the sole and best solution. It is not as complicated as you may think, though. You don’t need any technical knowledge in programming. You just need to know how to read and follow simple instructions. Now, turn on your PC and start doing this task:
- Check the current browser’s version. To do this, you need to click Help from the Menu Bar. From the dropdown menu, click About (name of your browser). The version of your browser will pop up. The latest versions of the common browsers are: Microsoft Internet Explorer 8, Mozilla Firefox 3.5.3, Opera 10.00, Apple Safari 4.0 (530.17), Google Chrome 18.104.22.168. If your browser indicates a different version, it's time to make an upgrade.
- Visit the webpage of your browser. If you decide to get the same browser, then go to its page directly. If you are dissatisfied with the current one, check out any Internet browser review to check which the best browser is to cater your need.
- Click the Download button. In the homepage of the browsers’ sites, you will see there a radio button that says download the latest version. This is a free browser update, don’t worry.
- Choose either Run or Save. Once you clicked the download button, a message will pop up asking you to Run, Save, or Cancel. If you choose Run, the download and update will start automatically. On the other hand, you can choose Save as well. This option will allow you to save the .exe file of the program in your computer first. Once it is saved, you can double-click the file and the download will start.
- Use a CD update software. Aside from going to the website for the update, you can also purchase a CD software for the latest version of the browser of your choice. Once it is inserted in the disc drive, it will automatically be read and will give you instructions on what to do. Usually, it is just the same downloading process as that stated in Step number four.
- Wait for the update to finish. After a few minutes of the free browser update, a message will be displayed whether it is successful or not. If it is not, you can always repeat the process or follow the instructions in the error message.
- Restart the browser or your computer. Now, you can restart the browser or reboot the computer depending on the instructions of the update software. For Internet Explorer, it requires a computer restart. However, for Mozilla Firefox, it is only the browser that needs to be restarted. You can do this by closing the browser and opening it again.
Once you are done with these steps, then you are ready to use your most up-to-date web browser. You can enjoy the added functionality it caters. Much more, you can have peace of mind while browsing for added security.