For many people, medical expenses are paid using medical and health plans. One of the problems that arise when using medical health plans, however, is the hassle of claiming the payment for medical procedures and expenses. Depending on the type of health care provider that a patient subscribes to, the claiming process can entail plenty of procedures and papers that need to be processed. For medical workers that need to deal with medical claims on a regular basis, and for patients who want to make the claiming process easier, medical claim software is one of the solutions that can be used. Here’s how you can take advantage of this software.
- Download. Search for your preferred medical claim software. The best way to find software is through recommendations from other medical offices and clinics that use automated claim software. You can also check the web for well-reviewed software, such as EZ Claim Healthcare, Capterra, and IMPACT Health Claim Software. As much as possible, download the trial versions of the software first, to allow you to determine whether you and your staff are comfortable with the software. When downloading, be sure to check the system requirements for the software of choice. You may need to upgrade your system first, although most software providers will have a series of software products for different platforms and computer systems.
- Install. Install the software right clicking on the file after the download has finished. A dialog box will appear on the screen. Follow the instructions in the installation wizard, which will guide you through the installation process. If you are asked to reboot to finish the installation, do so.
- Training. There are manuals, video demos, and tutorials accompanying most of the medical claim software available today. Visit the website and check the support section to get instructions on how to use the software.
- Adding the client database. The next step is to add the client database into the computer. Here, you will be asked to choose the client demographics, the type of medical policy plans that the clients are enrolled in, the enrolment parameters, and the product options.
- Adding the provider database. After the client database, fill in the provider database with information on pricing controls, provider demographics, extended client specific PIN numbers, and provider credentials, such as the hospital privileges that a health care provider has.
- Automated. Once the client and provider database has been filled up, the software will automatically update the client claims with the provider database. Depending on the software that you are using, the entire claiming process can be wholly automated, starting from adjudication to the processing of the papers through the various PPOs. You will only need to input the cues each time a new patient needs to have a claim filed.
While providing health services, the last thing that you should worry about is the nitty gritty details of medical claims. With the right software, you can reduce the labor and time needed to process papers , and focus on what you do best – providing health care to those in need.