Quick Book is a software that is used for bookkeeping and accounting. This software is the best solution for small business owners that do not have a lot of experience in accounting. There are different Quick Book software that are available for personal use or for business use. Some of the editions for the Quick Book programs are Quick Book Premier, Quick Book Pro, Quick Book Simple Start and Quick Book Enterprise Solutions.
Here are some tips on how to use the Quick Book software:
- Download and install. If you don't have Quick Book yet, you can download a free edition from the website quickbooks.com. Download the free edition and install it on your computer. Open the program and familiarize yourself with the interface of the program.
- Setup. In Quick Book settings, the first thing you have to do is to name the categories of your income and expenses. You have to remember to label your categories as simply as possible so that you will not have a hard time looking for the accounts when you are going to make an entry. For your small business, you can use the pre-installed formats on the software. This will make it easier for you to manage your accounts. All you have to do is enter the prices of the items and services that you are selling.
- Descriptions. After entering the items and services, you can also have descriptions or notes for your products and services. These items will be transferred to a spreadsheet so that it is easier for you to manage. You can modify the spreadsheet according to your liking.
- Invoice and payments. For billing, all you have to do is to click on the button that allows you to make an invoice. You can then enter an estimate. In receiving payments from customers, all you have to do is click on the receive payments button. This can be for cash and checks. Enter the amount of money you received and place it in the same column where the money went.
- Uses of Quick Book. You can do a lot with the Quick Book software. You don't have to have a background in accounting to understand how it works. Some of the activities you can do on Quick Book are tracking the expenses of the business, tracking of sales, managing inventory and listing of employees' salary.
- Quick Book online edition. If you do not want to install the software on your computer, you can always use the QBOE or the Quick Book Online Edition. For you to use this service, you must pay a monthly fee for the subscription. You can access your spreadsheets and files through the web browser. You can also read on Quick Book tutorials online.
These are some of the tips on how to use the Quick Book software for your small business of for personal use. With Quick Book, you will be able to track all your financial activities. This can greatly help in managing your business budget.