You might have seen or worked for organizations that do not allow their employees to access the Internet, but they are allowed to have email send/receive access. This article will describe the 9 most useful email addresses where you will be able to browse through web pages, read blogs, stay updated with news (CNN, BBC), upload videos, pictures and much more stuff for fun.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: You have an Office document (word, excel, picture, etc.) on your computer or mobile phone that you want to convert into a PDF file? Just email the file as an email attachment to the above address and it will soon return to your Inbox as a PDF file. Leave the subject field empty.
- email@example.com: This is like filling data in a travel spreadsheet through email. You can use this address to gather and record your travel expenses while on the road.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: You can use this address to post pictures on any Blogger-hosted blog. Any picture that you send to this email address will show up as a new blog post in your mobile blog. You can also use this service to post regular text entries to your Blogspot blog. In that case, the “Send to Blogger” email address is available under Blogger Dashboard.
- email@example.com: If you have (one or more) PowerPoint Presentations and PDF documents that you instantly want to share with friends or family, just email those files to Slideshare.net and they'll quickly turn them into a web slide-show.
- …@mms.youtube.com: YouTube member can create an MMS profile here -- if you have a video clip on your mobile phone, ipod or computer but no access to the YouTube website, you can easily upload that video file to YouTube through that email address.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: You can send any PDF file to this email address as an attachment. They will convert them into a plain text and will return them back. This is a perfect trick when you don't have Adobe Reader or you can't view an adobe PDF. Alternatively, you can send the PDF file to email@example.com for conversion to HTML format.
- ..@prod.writely.com: Google Docs provides a unique email address here. You can upload your office documents, spreadsheets and presentations to Google Docs through this address and read them on your mobile phone or ipod using the just launched Google Docs mobile at docs.google.com/m.
- firstname.lastname@example.org: Get the dictionary definition and synonyms of any word by sending an empty email to this email address. Make the subject line as: define myword. It is very handy email address; I have been using it for the last year.
- email@example.com: Send an email with the URL of the web page in the Subject field (e.g. www.cnn.com) and you’ll soon find a copy of that web page in your Inbox. A perfect solution when there’s no Internet access in the area or access is restricted (for instance, you want to read the BBC homepage in China).
These 9 email addresses have really changed my internet life, because whenever and wherever I need anything, I just send a simple email, thanks to those guys who really developed good scripts.