This is the scenario. You are queuing inside a packed Starbucks to order coffee to go, then your phone rings. You feel like screening the call but it’s an important client. You might feel like a heel if you ignore that call so you take it while standing in line. Isn’t that great? No sarcasm meant. It truly is great when your work allows you to make a coffee run and take an official call while doing it. Imagine if you are not afforded this luxury and you have to plant your lovely derriere at your desk because of a phone call that has to be answered constantly from an office telephone? Yes, that telephone that’s operated by a switchboard. So look at the bright side because your company has issued a mobile phone for wireless communication, a fine example of wireless software application at work.
This is actually standard in all corporate offices, businesses, and services worldwide – the use of wireless application software which is not only immediately accessible through the correct network interface but is also good for the bottom line because of the savings it can bring to a company. Knowing all these, can you possibly imagine climbing the corporate ladder without it?
Here’s how to use wireless software applications in a company.
1. Install wireless network. Have this service installed in your company premises. This is also a safety measure because it deters excessive use of cables and wires. Everyone can move from meeting to meeting with their laptops in tow. It even simplifies moving from one office location to another because there would be no dismantling involved.
2. Purchase wireless devices. Make laptops, IP Phones, PDAs, and other wireless devices the standard equipment in your office.
3. Lay down IT infrastructure backbones. Provide an IT infrastructure that supports wireless software application. The basic backbones would be WLAN and the IEEE 802.11 standard protocol of wireless transmission.
4. Choose wireless network software. You have the network, devices, and infrastructure but without the right software, these cannot function to its maximum potential. Here are two major types of wireless network software that you can use:
- Utilities. Makes sure the wireless network is protected from external attacks and maintained to run smoothly.
- Applications. Once you connect wirelessly, you are on a mission. Software applications give you the power to play online, share files, send documents, access documents, and re-route your service if another one goes down.
5. Adapt wireless network software features. These features are musts when using wireless network software in your company: Security, Adaptability, Manageability, Easy-to-use, and Highest performance. You cannot go wireless for the heck of saving a bunch of money for the Board of Directors. First of all, your employees must be able to use it plain and simple. Second, it must be a driving force, a solution to your business. Third, there is a need for it because business demands it. One of the best is the Intel® PROSet/Wireless Software v10.5.
No business will survive without some form of technology. If you’re in the business of improving your bottom line and keeping a close eye on your overhead while making the lives of your employees and your stakeholders easier, go wireless. It’s one of the best solutions available for you.