A website test is conducted to maintain and monitor a website. This is especially helpful for business websites, as it can boost the number of their visitors if the website is well-maintained and efficient. You can conduct an official test by using some tools. You can also visit some websites that will allow you to conduct a website test for free.
It is advisable to check different aspects of your website with a website test to reduce failed attempts to access your website. By doing this, you can ensure that you are giving quality service to your customers.
Here are a few website tools where you can write a website test:
- validator.w3.org - This website allows you to check the validity of the HTML on your website. What this tool does is it checks the markup languages that is used on your website. Most websites use HTML or XHTML. You can validate a website by URL, by file upload or by direct input. The best thing about this is, the validation is absolutely free. Remember that this is only one aspect of website checking. You have to use other tools to maintain and monitor a website.
- validator.w3.org - Using a tool like this one is helpful if you have a lot of links on your website that direct to other resources. This link check tool will tell you if there are some links on the website that will lead to an invalid page. You can check by entering the address of the website that you want to check.
- developer.yahoo.com - This website will tell you how to use YSlow. YSlow is a website speed test that you can use so that you can improve the performance of your website that will make it load faster. The tool will analyze you website. After this, it will show you some suggestions that you can implement on your website to make it more efficient.
- websiteoptimization.com - This website optimization tool will improve your website's performance. All you have to do is supply your website's address and some elements will be analyzed. These elements include the download time of the website, the page size and also the composition. It will show you a list of recommendations on what you can do to optimize your website. This is also a free tool to use.
- browsershots.org - Browser Shots is a website where you can check how your website operated on different web browsers and operating systems. When you go to the site, all you have to do is to provide the URL of the website that you want to check and click on the checkboxes beside the operating systems. You can check for operating systems like Linux, BSD, Windows and Mac OS and check web browsers like Opera, Navigator, Firefox, SeaMonkey and many more.
These are some of the tools that you can use for writing websites and conducting website tests. If you have some website questions and concerns, you can research on the Internet on what you can do to improve the website performance.