If you're asking yourself, is online shopping the better way to shop, My answer to that question is an unequivocal YES! Why, do you ask? Here's how to make your decision.
- Shopping at convenience - Considering that the Internet has no open and close timings and no assistants required to hang around while I browse around looking up and re-checking specifications and details of the products on display and that I can do so at practically any time I want to and as long as I like to. More importantly, nobody minds if I were to be just browsing around doing some window shopping and not buying anything at all. Need I say more?
- Utilities shopping and payments - Online shopping is not limited to just buying fruits, vegetables, gadgets and clothing. You can clear up payments to utilities, services, school fees to kids, consolidate all payments through electronic clearance systems and provide advance instructions to your bank. With money being available, computer and banking systems take care or your payments for you by automatically debiting your account on approved bills for payment and then sending you a statement for your records.
- Sheer range of services accessible at the comfort of your computer - With online shopping being available, I am able to buy airline tickets, block tickets to the movies, order pizzas and home deliveries, block a favorite dress or gadget online so I can go to the store, inspect and pick it in the following days. My spouse regularly orders movies online and pays for them once a month again, online. We regularly look up the local library catalogue online for books that interest us, block them and go to the library on weekends to borrow them. The list is endless. Recently, a friend wanted to make a religious contribution and in the middle of the night sent some money to a temple. One he has been meaning to visit for a long time, but has not been able to.
- Online super bazaar - Given the fact that products displayed online are virtual representations of the real products, most online businesses can afford to stock many products and sell them on their website. Also, remember a lot of them do not stock products at all. They merely source them from the manufacturer or other suppliers, once you place an order and the product arrives at your door-step directly from the manufacturer. This need not be the one you placed an order with. So, all it takes is a very well connected and resourceful online seller to cater to your needs. Do not worry. It does not take long to identify one. Names such as Amazon, eBay and iTunes are household names. Now you know what I am talking about.
- What you can expect - In the coming days more and more physical avenues of shopping will be present online. So, even if they continue to exist in the real market-place, one will be able to procure regular items of purchase online and receive deliveries at the door-step, thereby making efficient use of time and other resources.
Online shopping is here to stay and will only improve our lives. So, go ahead, try it, if you haven't already.