Using eFax is a great way to reduce your business expenses without compromising communication. eFax is a communication service offered by j2 Global Communications. The eFax service allows users to send and receive faxes via their computer rather than using a traditional fax machine. eFax allows users to access their faxes as email attachments, and offers a voicemail via email service. The eFax service first became available in the late 1990s and has since sky rocketed to more than 1.2 million paying customers.
EFax is a great service that will save you both time and money. Learning how to use eFax is easy if you follow a few simple steps. Here we discuss step by step instructions on how to get started using eFax today:
- First, you'll want to select the eFax service option that's right for you. The best eFax package will depend on your needs. For example, if you'll be using eFax only occasionally from home or your home office, you might start with the eFax Plus option, while larger businesses might find the eFax Pro option best fits their needs. Both eFax options offer the following:
- A unique fax number tied to your eFax account
- Access to your faxes anywhere, anytime via the eFax system
- Ability to send/ receive faxes via email
- A local or toll-free number linked to your eFax account
- 2 years of on-line fax storage in the eFax system
- eFax customer support available 24/7
- The eFax Pro option also offers voicemail via email in the eFax system.
- EFax has a one-time set up fee and a monthly eFax fee that entitles you to send up to 130 faxes and receive up to 30 faxes per month. If you go over the limit, additional faxes will be charged on a per-page basis by eFax. Keep in mind that eFax toll-free numbers have an additional charge.
- Now that you've got your eFax account set up, you can start sending and receiving faxes. To do so, simply attach the file you'd like to fax while in the eFax system. The file will be sent to the recipient's fax machine as with traditional faxing. You can also receive faxes as email attachments in the eFax system, allowing you to check your faxes while on the go.
Learning how to use eFax is an important step towards reducing your business costs, helping the environment, and increasing your connectivity while traveling.