Do you find that when you click a link in an email nothing happens?
This can occur when another program has registered itself as the default application for browsing the Web. If this program is not well written, or it has been uninstalled, Outlook Express cannot launch a browser window when you click on a link within an email.
To remedy this email setup problem, you must re-register Internet Explorer as the default browser.
- Start Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools->Internet Options menu
- Select the [Programs] tab
- Look for a checkbox labelled "Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser"
- If this checkbox is not ticked, then this is the cause of the problem, so tick it!
- Click OK
- Close Internet Explorer
- Re-open Internet Explorer
- Close Outlook Express
- Re-open Outlook Express