Today we will learn how to install PowerPoint application software on your PC. PowerPoint is a very powerful software product offered by Microsoft for presentation proposes. MS PowerPoint has almost all the required tools you will need to prepare quick and professional presentations in no time. So let's get started. But before we do, I would like to remind you that this article assumes that you are already somewhat familiar with the Microsoft Operating system environment and that you have a licensed Microsoft Office CD and a well functioning CD drive on your computer!
- Put the Microsoft Office software CD in the CD drive of your computer. Wait for a few seconds to let the computer run the Installation Wizard. However, if it doesn't open the wizard after a while, you can manually run the setup. To do so, go to Start Menu and click on Run. In the Run Dialog box, click on browse and go to the CD drive and find Setup.exe file and click on it. Click OK.
- The Window Installation wizard will open with the User information screen. Here you will be asked to enter Name, Initials and Organization name. Enter the information as requested. In the lower part of the screen, you will see five blank text boxes to enter the product key (Known as the CD key as well). This is a combination of letters and numbers provided by the Microsoft Corporation for copyright proposes. You can usually find this Key inside the box or manual that comes with the Microsoft Office CD. If you don't find it there, please contact the distributor from whom you purchased the CD. This is very necessary; without this Key, the Installation cannot be completed.
- After adding the Information, click on the Next button. You will see the "Products End-User License Agreement." After reading it, you can click and check-mark on "I accept this agreement" and click on Next.
- In the next window you will be asked to choose a Typical Installation or Custom Installation. If you have already installed other Office software applications such as MS Word, MS Excel, Outlook, etc., then you need to select Custom Installation. Otherwise select Typical Installation. In the lower part of the screen, you will have to define the location in your hard drive where you would like to install the software, which by default is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\. We will not change this, so click on Next button.
- In the next screen, you will see all the software application programs of the Office Software CD. We will select (check-mark) Microsoft PowerPoint and select the button next to "Install Application with the typical options" and click on the Next button.
- The installation will start and you will see the installation progress bar. After the installation is completed, you will see in the wizard describing the installation status and a Finish button in the bottom. Click the Finish button and restart your computer.
Congratulations!!! You have successfully installed Microsoft PowerPoint software on your computer. You can start it by going to the Start Menu and clicking on All programs. Then click on the Microsoft PowerPoint Icon.